Power Amp & Cable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

.Buy a single run of better cable, like the dnm reson.Its similarly priced to the silver anniversary and is miles better, especially when it comes to bass depth and treble quality .Ideal for MA speakers.I would get rid of the silver anniversary if i were you.I cannot think of a worse cable to use on a pair of RS1's

Mmmmm that's interesting.

l've used DNM cable in the past, both 'speaker cable & interconnects, they are good.

l don't want to take away the "edge" to the sound, l find the Arcam/MA's compliment & even each other out.

So you recon' a single run of DNM with the jumper links left in situ would be better than two runs of QED biwired?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="chesterfieldhouse"]

Mmmmm that's interesting.

l've used DNM cable in the past, both 'speaker cable & interconnects,
they are good.

l don't want to take away the "edge" to the sound, l find the Arcam/MA's
compliment & even each other out.

So you recon' a single run of DNM with the jumper links left in situ would be
better than two runs of QED biwired?

[/quote]

why did you change back to qed? dnm reson is far better than qed silver an in every respect.I used to use qed silver an and changed to reson.My mate heard it and chucked his qed and bought the reson next day.It will make as much of a difference as a cable could make if used to replace the qed silver an.Deeper bass and smoother but still detailed treble.Any really good cable single wired will outperform a poorer cable bi wired.my point as well is that In this case i found no difference bi wiring the RS1s so why do it?I do use different cable to you and i used short runs of my own cable to connect up the speaker terminals rather than the gold jumpers supplied, but i don't think that would make much odds.The silver an is just not a good cable to use with RS1's.it is light in the bass and a bit bright.Completely what you do not want on RS1's.

A

Anonymous

Fraziel,

the DNM was several years ago. l tend to chop & change hifi to experience different gear & sold on the cable.

Point taken.The forum & yourself have helped to decide what l'm going to do next.

Single run DNM & make some DNM jumpers.

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Without wanting to put a spanner in, the Chord Odyssey 2 (a single wire) works nicely on the RS1s...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="igglebert"]Without wanting to put a spanner in, the Chord Odyssey 2 (a single wire) works nicely on the RS1s...[/quote]

yes, the chord odyssey is very good indeed but its also nearly treble the price!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Fraziel"][quote user="igglebert"]Without wanting to put a spanner in, the Chord Odyssey 2 (a single wire) works nicely on the RS1s...[/quote]

yes, the chord odyssey is very good indeed but its also nearly treble the price![/quote]

Yeeaaahh...such is life in hifi... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts