Potential new Hi-Fi purchase... new user :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there everybody - first time poster.

Had an Aiwa one-box system for years (which was actually pretty good - I still have it but as most of it isnt working it's going to be relegated to a spare, plusI havent actually moved it to my new house yet) and am looking for an upgrade. Am bidding on this on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marantz-CD-Player-Amplifier-and-Speakers_W0QQitemZ230223975529QQihZ013QQcategoryZ4787QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem and can't really find any info on the components. I have heard various Marantz components over the last few years and I have always been really impressed with the quality of them - however I havent really come across JPW speakers. I'd be adding to the system, but I thought this would be a pretty good start. Anybody got any thoughts? How old are the components?

A

Anonymous

The components are very good for the price it looks to go for - however you may want better speakers - try searching Wharfedale 9.0 or 8.1 on ebay. Or if you wanted a better set-up, try the Pioneer A-300 amplifier with a similar Pioneer CD-player.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
CD36 sensible entry-level Marantz machine from a few years back, not spectacular but very very far from duff, with a peppy sound.

Ditto the PM53, another good Marantz entry-level model of about the same vintage.

Not sure which model the JPWubbleyous are, but they look like one of the typical £100ish budget boxes made some years back by this British company (JPW had/has a factory in Plymouth, IIRC), and again a solid budget bookshelf buy. Might be JPW Minims by the looks of them.

Edit: Current factory is actually over the Tamar Bridge in Saltash, Cornwall - website here. My aunt and uncle in Cornwall would never forgive me for not clarifying that one!

Whole system should work together nicely, and should blow your Aiwa into the weeds, guv - good luck with the bidding.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts