Posted without comment

John Duncan

RodhasGibson said:
John lad,what a surprise to see you pop up.I only come on here occasionally now,for many reasons.How are things with you personally? are you still in the Teddington area?
Thanks for asking. No, I don't spend much time on here at all now. Am now a little out of Teddington in Hampton, but let's say my life took an unexpected turn. Am very well though.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Thanks for asking. No, I don't spend much time on here at all now. Am now a little out of Teddington in Hampton, but let's say my life took an unexpected turn. Am very well though.

You are missed - as is AE.

Glad you are in good form.....and may life continue to be interesting.

Gray

Some typical, classic, somewhat pathetic, management speak in there. I'd expect no less. (Nice to see they're, 'enhancing our presence in existing verticals' though)

Hope it works out better than the Maplin takeover did when I worked there.

D

Deleted member 2457

And all of us out of our misery.
regular_smile.png

On a serious note hope WHF staff jobs are safe too.
thumbs_up.png

D

Deleted member 2457

Weird Future sold Home Cinema Choice mag and now it buys What HiFi.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/future-sells-three-audio-visual-titles-myhobbystore/1098125

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Really Pleased all is well with you John,good luck for the Future.Saw Joe Bonamassa and his Band in Brighton Last Sat 17th.The Guy is so Good.He is also Playing Hampton Court Palace Tuesday 5th June,just down the Road from you then. Cheers Rod

Mr.Crow

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I'm not sure about this move. If Future are the same as the old Future Publishing, I'm afraid they don't have my trust .They scuppered some of my fave mags like PC Format. Must be the pursuit of £££…

Time will tell I s'pose...

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi John,

How have you been? It's been a long while. What are you up to these days?

John Duncan said:

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Weird Future sold Home Cinema Choice mag and now it buys What HiFi.

https://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/future-sells-three-audio-visual-titles-myhobbystore/1098125
I believe Home Cinema Choice was losing money while What Hi Fi? is still making money.
Wise move for Future then, getting rid of these two mags in particular HCC and HiFi choice and then acquiring WHF, two for the price of one.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I hadn't noticed that HFC have been sold too, I hope this doesn't mark the beginning of the end for them, I wonder if Future thought they were a bit too niche? Thanks for pointing that out gel .

D

Deleted member 2457

Diamond Joe said:
I hadn't noticed that HFC have been sold too, I hope this doesn't mark the beginning of the end for them, I wonder if Future thought they were a bit too niche? Thanks for pointing that out gel .
No probs Joe.
thumbs_up.png

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Diamond Joe said:

It was seven and a half years ago.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
insider9 said:
Interesting few days. After its been announced about WHF this followed

https://www.stereophile.com/content/avtech-media-ltd-uk-acquires-home-te...

Apparently only the eighth owner in the past 20 years, too! ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts