Possible need for new speakers

TPS3000

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Recommendations needed...

I'm probably going to need a change in speakers, ive just moved from a house with a 4,m X 6.5m living room to one that's 3.5 long X 4.5 wide. I can't see my 753's being unobtrusive enough in the new place.

Hifi is vintage 8000c / p combo, new 8200cd, mission 753, project rpm4 turntable which sounded super in the old house.

Music ranges from Japanese psyche / noise to Joanna Newsom and everything in between.

Placement will need to be close to the back wall, don't mind slim floorstanding or bookshelf.

Would prefer something vintage, I'm not going to get sign off approval to blow a big wedge.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
TPS3000 said:
Recommendations needed...

I'm probably going to need a change in speakers, ive just moved from a house with a 4,m X 6.5m living room to one that's 3.5 long X 4.5 wide. I can't see my 753's being unobtrusive enough in the new place.

Hifi is vintage 8000c / p combo, new 8200cd, mission 753, project rpm4 turntable which sounded super in the old house.

Music ranges from Japanese psyche / noise to Joanna Newsom and everything in between.

Placement will need to be close to the back wall, don't mind slim floorstanding or bookshelf.

Would prefer something vintage, I'm not going to get sign off approval to blow a big wedge.

I'd keep the speakers and just change the cables and power leads.

Vladimir said:
Celestion SL6

Heybrook HB2

Snell Type K

Acoustic Research AR11

Rogers LS5/8 or LS3/6

Tannoy Little Gold Monitor

A great selection especially the Heybrooks. Add EB Acoustics EB2 but factor in cost for some decent speaker stands if you don't have any.

Note, anything more vintage is likely to need some extra outlay on driver rubbers etc. unless you are lucky enough to find a well cared for pair.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts