Portable Music Player

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Bamig

May 13, 2020
Visit site
It's only a file you are transferring onto an SD card so if you are conversant using drag/drop, or more importantly copy/paste commands on a PC then you'll be fine. You can rip with any media ripping software you please, some have favourites such as Exact Audio Copy or dBpoweramp. I'm not conversant with Mac OS so not sure what ripping software is bundled with it.

Doesn't have to be FLAC or WAV files, if it's music for on the go then smaller file size 320kbps mp3 might be sufficient for your needs.

Come back with any questions as I'm sure between us we can get you through this :)
Thanks! It would be a Mac, so I'm not quite sure what I'd need to do there. I like the idea of the sound quality being better than mp3, but not sure what I'd need to do make that happen on a Mac.

Bamig

May 13, 2020
Visit site
Thanks! It would be a Mac, so I'm not quite sure what I'd need to do there. I like the idea of the sound quality being better than mp3, but not sure what I'd need to do make that happen on a Mac.
The software will have an option to choose which Codec you want your files to be. Just select FLAC.
Thanks. Will I need to download some specific software for that? If so, can anyone recommend something for a Mac? Or will I be able to do it without any special software?

D

Deleted member 188533

For years Apple users had access to better music tools than PC users. Not as far as players and ripping programs but on the professional, production side of things. I don't think that's still true. Just use iTunes. It comes on the Mac and works fine. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts