Portable Amp - Replacement Fiio E5 - Fire Eye or E6?

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
My old Fiio E5 has given up the ghost so am looking for a new portable headphone amp to go with my Goldring NS1000. Obvious choice would be the E6 but interested to hear if anyone has experience with the Fire Eye (+) or any other small amp?

Thanks in advance

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the thought Dale, review looks pretty great too! Is the UK Distribution or is it direct from Canada? What was the all in including postage etc?

Thanks again!

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
stanleyk said:
Thanks for the thought Dale, review looks pretty great too! Is the UK Distribution or is it direct from Canada? What was the all in including postage etc? Thanks again!

My cost to the Southern U.S. was $75 which included the batteries and shipping. Ordering from the U.K. would probably cost $15 postage, and I'd recommend not having the batteries shipped. If there were a source in the U.K. or close by, you could ask the guy who makes it - just google PA2V2 and you'll get the email on his page.

stanleyk

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Dale.

Looking again, how portable is it? Ie my pod will be in back pocket, so needs to be small and portable enough to go with that kinda movement, not being caried to a desk and then used there, well that as well, but used in transit (walking).

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Epiphany Acoustics currently have their EHP-O2 portable amp on sale at £77.99.

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/

More details of the amplifier itself can be found on the designers blog at nwavguy.blogspot.co.uk.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
stanleyk said:
Thanks Dale. Looking again, how portable is it? Ie my pod will be in back pocket, so needs to be small and portable enough to go with that kinda movement, not being caried to a desk and then used there, well that as well, but used in transit (walking).

The PA2V2 is about an inch thick and a small square 'brick', so not something you would put into a pants pocket. You could try the FiiO E12 which is about the shape and size of an iPhone5. The E07k is even smaller and also can be used as a computer USB DAC/amp.

Back_from_Bose

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the Graham Slee Voyager portable headphone amp and can highly recommend but....some intermittent interferance with iPhone GSM (most of my portable listening on plane travel so interferance not big issue for me)

Voyager same size as iPhone but twice as thick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts