Poll: MA RS6, Tannoy Revolution signature DC4-T or MS Mezzo 6

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

For about 6 months i'm orientating for new speakers. In that period i've narrowed my view down to three models.

A.Monitor audio RS 6
B Tannoy Revolution signature DC4-T
C Mordaunt short mezzo 6

I simply just can't decide. All three are nice looking. I heard the MA6 and the Tannoy's. Thouht they both sounded great. The Mezzo's are on my 'to do list'.

My room is about 15 m2. I'm planning to buy a subwoofer and rears too. Can someone give me some good advise which ones I should go for?

A

Anonymous

I've heard the RS6 & the Mezzo 6.

I wasn't impressed by the Mezzo at all. They are quite stunning in person, as soon as I saw them I wanted to like them...but they didn't do much for me. They weren't involving at all & had some wierd seperation issues (the music didn't come across as smooth like the RS6 did).

I liked the RS6 and they've made my short-list, but I still have quite a bit of listening to do.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Tannoys as they're on my list. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the Mezzo's once you've heard them.

A

Anonymous

I know I'm going to be unpopular for this...
but I quite like the Mezzo 6. I found it quite a moving speaker with vocals.

A

Anonymous

Vocals were quite nice with the Mezzo, but everything seemed too seperated for me. The bass was quite muddy (could be the room, a lot of carpet) & the total package seemed quite awkward in it's presentation of the music I listened to.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="brock_boogie"]
Vocals were quite nice with the Mezzo, but everything seemed too seperated for me. The bass was quite muddy (could be the room, a lot of carpet) & the total package seemed quite awkward in it's presentation of the music I listened to.
[/quote]What hardware wwas running them?

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="raypalmer"]I know I'm going to be unpopular for this...
but I quite like the Mezzo 6. I found it quite a moving speaker with vocals.[/quote]

Blu-tack is best, will stop that.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="brock_boogie"]
Cambridge 840A & 840C
[/quote]May have had something to do with it... not exactly renown for their clear crisp bass.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gpi"][quote user="raypalmer"]I know I'm going to be unpopular for this...
but I quite like the Mezzo 6. I found it quite a moving speaker with vocals.[/quote]

Blu-tack is best, will stop that.[/quote]

GPI made a funny!

A

Anonymous

The Tannoy's frequency response only goes down to 55Hz...you may want to look at the DC6-T if you want better bass.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="brock_boogie"]The Tannoy's frequency response only goes down to 55Hz[/quote]

Good point although what I heard at the show was not lacking in the bass department. The DC4-T was, generally, ment to be use with AV system but they do sound very good with music too.

A

Anonymous

Well, I've made my decision. I've listened to the Tannoys.I heard the DC4-T, they were ok, but I really fell in love with the DC6-T's!!! Whow, what a great speaker. Great balance and very pure. Bass is very tight and accurate. Very warm and powerfull speaker. Despite of the fact that my room isn't very large (about 14m2), I've decided to go for the DC6 series (including the dc6's as rears). I thought they were better than the MA RS6. I havent' listened to the mezzo's yet, but after reading some reviews and heard the Tannoys, I don't need to hear them anymore.

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear that everything worked out for you, Jackflash!

Which amp are you using to drive the new Tannoys? Can I ask you how much the Tannoys cost?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Awesome Jackflash! It's nice to see some more positive feedback about the Tannoys. I'll probably pick up the DC6s later this year. This line is so new that there just isn't a lot of feedback out there, but I'm encouraged in that everything I've heard so far has been positive.

A

Anonymous

Here in the Netherlands, the DC6T cost 1600 euro's a pair. But I have found a German webshop, where they cost only 1200 euro's.

By the way the amp I'm planning to buy is the MARANTZ SR8002

A

Anonymous

Jackflash, would be very interested to see how your thoughts progress.....

My potential speaker purchases will be the Tannoy Revolution signature
DC6-T (as part of 5.1 Tannoy Revolution signature package) along with
the MARANTZ SR8002.

I have had a demo of the MARANTZ SR8002 and was impressed, however I have other AV Amps I would like to demo first Denon 4308, Onkyo 905.

Speaker-wise I have Mezzos shortlisted; the Mezzo 6s sounded pretty damn good to me, however I have not (yet) heard the DC6-Ts, so cannot yet compare. However, I will say I certainly felt that the Mezzos were a good deal better than the MA-RS6s. Dali Ikon 6s were the best I have heard yet (superb), but a consideration has to be that the overall 5.1 package looks are not a patch on either the Mezzos or the Tannoys.

A

Anonymous

aw2604: Did you hear the Mezzo 6 & RS6 paired with the Marantz amp you mentioned?

I've heard the Mezzo 6 & RS6 driven by a Cambridge Audio 840A integrated & the RS6 was much much better than the Mezzo 6. I was really let down by the sound of the Mezzo 6...connected to the CA 840 the bass was muddy & looose and the mids & highs had some wierd seperation going on.

I'd be interested to know which amp drove the Mezzo6 & RS6 when you heard them.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts