MS Mezzo 6 or MA RS6 Floorstanders ?

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi. First of all, has anyone heard Mezzo 6 floorstanders? just couldn't find any review about this product anywhere. Price wise, they are expensive than MA RS6 speakers, so are they superior to RS6 ?, and second why Mezzo's are not reviewed by WHFSV experts, please excuse me if WHFSV have reviewed it already. Actually, was planning to buy RS6, then stumbled upon Mezzo's, so the question. thanx.

A

Anonymous

The hifi shop I do most of my business at is Totem, MS and MA strictly. Have to say I prefer the Mezzo 6 to the RS6. It's got a more dynamic stage, bit more verve, definetly stronger on vocals. The only question is whether or not you think it's worth the extra cash. Although I must say I find the Mezzo a lot easier on the eyes.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to have a listen to the Mezzo 6 & the RS6 in the next week, so I'll let you know what I think after I hear them.

I have a question for Ray who posted above...which amp would you match with the MA RS6 and which would you match for the Mezzo 6? I've been looking at the new NAD C355bee, Cambridge Audio 640A V2, or Roksan Kandy.

Cheers,

Sean

A

Anonymous

[quote user="brock_boogie"]
I'm going to have a listen to the Mezzo 6 & the RS6 in the next week, so I'll let you know what I think after I hear them.

I have a question for Ray who posted above...which amp would you match with the MA RS6 and which would you match for the Mezzo 6? I've been looking at the new NAD C355bee, Cambridge Audio 640A V2, or Roksan Kandy.

Cheers,

Sean
[/quote]
That's a tough question Sean. I'd personally think the CA would probably come through a bit too close to "harsh" on the Mezzo.CA's known for their cooler feeling sound. I've only ever heard Mezzo's on Arcam and Jolida, but that sound was Brilliant so I'd have to say NAD.
But if you like it a little less rich maybe the Kandy, I don't know too too much about that kit.

A

Anonymous

Hey vinod_david,

Looks like the new May issue of What Hi Fi will have a review of the Mezzo...pick one up and let us know what they think (I have to wait for over a month to get the issue in Canada...we're a month behind & haven't even had the April issue on the shelves yet!).

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="brock_boogie"]
Hey vinod_david,

Looks like the new May issue of What Hi Fi will have a review of the Mezzo...pick one up and let us know what they think (I have to wait for over a month to get the issue in Canada...we're a month behind & haven't even had the April issue on the shelves yet!).
[/quote]

Even I have to wait like you for May issue, am not in UK. Please give your feedback after you demo both RS6 and Mezzo 6, coz it's difficult for me to demo both in my part of world. thanx.

A

Anonymous

AV-MAX in collaboration with Hi-Fi Choice, March 08 issue.

vinod_david

Nov 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="unleash_me"]

AV-MAX in collaboration with Hi-Fi Choice, March 08 issue.[/quote]

Yes, read it. Best buy is their verdict, but no review otherwise. So, have you heard it, which do you prefer ? thanx.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts