Polishing light swirls out of black gloss speakers?

jayukguy147

Aug 12, 2022
Visit site
I own some Tannoy 6.4's in black gloss. I have noticed some swirl marks over the years.

I own a car rotary, buffing machine. I'm wondering if I could use it with some type of car polish?

Has anyone any product recommendations or advice?

Thanks so much!!

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
You need to get yourself a paint thickness checker before doing anything. If you going to go to town of them.

tbh you may find time and pressure with microfiber cloth will sort it out. And when I say time it will take a while. But it depends on how deep the “swirls” are.

Super resin polish should do the trick in most cases though

Ceand

Jan 26, 2021
Visit site
Something a bit left field to consider is Brasso! A very light abrasive, I used this to successfully polish Perspex to a perfect shine in the past. This may possibly work on the lacquer your speakers but if you like the idea, please try an inconspicuous area first!

Reactions: Al ears

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
You need to get yourself a paint thickness checker before doing anything. If you going to go to town of them.

tbh you may find time and pressure with microfiber cloth will sort it out. And when I say time it will take a while. But it depends on how deep the “swirls” are.

Super resin polish should do the trick in most cases though
My son's car has swirls and I wish to lessen them but not to damage the clear coat. Autoglym do a resin polish which is lightly abrasive. Try that and finish with a wax. Don't use a mechanical polisher as the circular motion may cause more swirls. The secret is to hand apply and apply polish and wax in straight lines

TRENDING THREADS