polish/sctratch remover

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi i have some light sctratches on my clear rega deck lid and also on the piano black plinth which i want to polish out so what should i use please as don`t want to buy the wrong stuff. i have never known anything scratch so easy you only have to look at it and another one appears :laugh:
Thanks
Andy

camcroft

Hi i have some light sctratches on my clear rega deck lid and also on the piano black plinth which i want to polish out so what should i use please as don`t want to buy the wrong stuff. i have never known anything scratch so easy you only have to look at it and another one appears :laugh:
Thanks
Andy
Hi. For the lid its a minefield there are so many videos on Google use this use that and its all down to how deep the scratches are. Regarding the turntable its piano black finish as are my MA speakers and they recommend car polish but nothing abrasive one suggestion is Autogylm Super Resin Polish its not cheap but if you have a car it is very good for polishing it. Good luck always do a test run with whatever you use. All I can say is that I have used the Autogylm Super Resin Polish on my caravan and it is very good.

Can I just say regarding the lid, you are never going to get it back to how it was and can quite often leave it with obvious blemishes so I would leave it as is.
if you are determined to try I had some success using the material impregnated polish called Duraglit, however as already said it depends on how deep those scratches are.

camcroft

As a suggestion for the test run for the lid you could use the likes of a Ferrero Rocher
presentation container expensive I know if you haven't got one but they are delicious ;)
After you have finished licking your lips you could scratch the lid and then test whatever to remove the scratches without damaging your own lid. Enjoy ( The chocolates that is )

300x300.jpg

As a suggestion for the test run for the lid you could use the likes of a Ferrero Rocher
presentation container expensive I know if you haven't got one but they are delicious ;)
After you have finished licking your lips you could scratch the lid and then test whatever to remove the scratches without damaging your own lid. Enjoy ( The chocolates that is )

View attachment 3133
always good to keep the wife appeased to......

shipworm-archaism-recede

Nov 29, 2021
Visit site
Thanks
Andy
Many car headlights are made out of plastic that becomes opaque because of the battering of dust and stones. There are places that have a variety of polishing equipment and pastes that can bring them back looking like new. Maybe talk to one of them to see if they can help.

camcroft

Many car headlights are made out of plastic that becomes opaque because of the battering of dust and stones. There are places that have a variety of polishing equipment and pastes that can bring them back looking like new. Maybe talk to one of them to see if they can help.
Polishing machines generate heat which can cause damage to the Plastic / Acrylic and I think that the covers on headlight are made of a more resilient material than the lids supplied with turntables.

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
anyway guys i done a small test on the back of the lid with t-cut to make sure it was ok then done the complete lid and its come up ok, it`s not got rid of all the scratches but a marked improvement and now looks ok. as for the plinth i used a spray car polish and it came up lovely.
Thanks for all your posts.

camcroft

anyway guys i done a small test on the back of the lid with t-cut to make sure it was ok then done the complete lid and its come up ok, it`s not got rid of all the scratches but a marked improvement and now looks ok. as for the plinth i used a spray car polish and it came up lovely.
Excellent . Enjoy are you keeping it now then?

andybebbs

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
it`s a very nice deck and to be honest was not thinking of changing it any time soon but seen the advert for the Linn and thought it was worth looking into. if i buy another deck i think i will go with a semi auto deck i think thorens sell one.

Reactions: Al ears

camcroft

it`s a very nice deck and to be honest was not thinking of changing it any time soon but seen the advert for the Linn and thought it was worth looking into. if i buy another deck i think i will go with a semi auto deck i think thorens sell one.
My new to me Thorens TD-147 has selectable speed change . Auto lift and a decent arm rest that holds the arm in securely. Three things that the Project Debut Carbon hasn't and its +- 30 years old.
IMG_0295.jpg

Reactions: andybebbs
Glad they worked for you, anyone who suggests a Brillo pad should be ignored. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts