pocket scales

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
If you want to make pancakes it one cup of flour, one cup of milk, one egg and a pinch of salt.
emotion-5.gif

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i got something like that but i want some scales that i can rest the cart on and it has a display in 0.1grams and i can just alter the counterweight till its right just seems better im never happy with the project see-saw thing or tracking arms.

John Duncan

Just noticed your sig, and thus - a word of advice: you have a Genie 2 - 0.1g here or there will not make a blind bit of difference. When you have a Gyro and an SME IV, then pay 80 quid for some scales.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks john i have played moving the counterweight on the back and i cant get it right on the see-saw they gave me. I find sometimes it lacks depth and my friend has simliar and he calls it toppy. Im hoping a new cart im getting in a few weeks should help.

A

Anonymous

My mate dave has some for sale, but not sure if they weigh that low, usually do ounces..... haha!

John Duncan

smuggs:thanks john i have played moving the counterweight on the back and i cant get it right on the see-saw they gave me. I find sometimes it lacks depth and my friend has simliar and he calls it toppy. Im hoping a new cart im getting in a few weeks should help.

Possibly. Getting the whole arm setup thing perfectly right on a Genie (and to some extent, on any arm/TT, due to the physics involved) will be, to all intents and purposes, impossible. I'd therefore go for the best you can, by setting it up as per the manual and, if you find it a little bit lightweight in tone, moving it 0.2g backwards or forwards (I'd be inclined to say a touch *more* weight from your description) until you're as happy as you can be.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have in fact done that, added a little which sounded better maybe a slight less dynamics and i did find i had to turn the volume up a fraction, which did help. i was just worried by these people who say you can damage your vinyl if the needle is forced into the groove.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have not got a hanging anti stake was it missing or does the genie2 not have one, i may be wrong but im sure my friend who has the genie 3 does have something

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
smuggs:i have not got a hanging anti stake was it missing or does the genie2 not have one, i may be wrong but im sure my friend who has the genie 3 does have something

From picture alone, the Genie II doesn't have a anti-skate mechanism but i could of course i be wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts