PMC Twenty Series First Impressions

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The photo supports the statement by True Blue:

"It also looks like the speaker has slipped forwards on its plinth by 1/2..."

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Dear me, talk about a literal interpretation...I was joking on the obsessive tendencies of some (many) hifi forum posters, and took the joke further by saying the picture of the speaker indeed being off its plinth might just add to that. Lost in the written word :doh:

A

Anonymous

Theo, in reply I think David's summary is spot on. Plus, IMO you can't really compare a £5k speaker with a £3k one from the same manufacturer, it depends more on the sound you want whether you'll prefer the i or Twenty/FACT sound.

And yes, I did get a deal, but then I've upgraded my Cyrus gear and bought an Onkyo/B&W home cinema system from him in the last 12 months!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Sorry dont mean to start ww3 was just my observation in that I personally could not live with it. I understande the engineering behind the decision to slope the cabinets and fully support the fact that sound "should" matter more than aesthetics. Unfortunately for me the negatives of the speaker far outway the positives.

Theo

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks to David, True Blue, chriscoxon & True Blue for you feedback. I think I have better perspective of the Twenty Series now.

With regard to comparing the FACTs vs the Twenty series, my opinion is that comparison is possible and is probably fair even though we are comparing two different price brackets. Much has been said in various forums about the engineering that has gone towards retaining performance under constraints imposed by the lifestyle aspect of the FACT series. The FACT series therefore has a different price -> performance correlation when compared with the rest of the PMC lineup, this is probably also why they are marketed as FACTs rather than PMCs.

TRENDING THREADS