drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Mentioned here briefly before.

Imho a bit of a design disaster but it seems a solid integrated with benefit of tone controls.

Interesting that PMC deemed 90 watts enough. It seems to have a decent power supply for its rating and is obviously enough for even PMC's upmarket domestic offerings.

Built by Bryston for PMC?

Another one I would like to hear at Bristol.

drummerman said:

Imho a bit of a design disaster but it seems a solid integrated with benefit of tone controls.

Interesting that PMC deemed 90 watts enough. It seems to have a decent power supply for its rating and is obviously enough for even PMC's upmarket domestic offerings.

Bryson building a 90 watt amp???? :)

Says designed and built in uk on their website. I'd like to hear it too.

mond

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Certainly an "interesting" design, and one I could possibly live with, although I'm sure it would be a dust magnet (especially in black) with all those nooks and crannies!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
drummerman said:

Bryson building a 90 watt amp????  :)

http://www.bryston.com/products/power_amps/B60R.html

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a very impressive integrated, quality made equipment I would be glad to own, regardless who actually builds it.

COR_Amp_Inside-001-rf-cut.jpg

Rated output power: 95W into 8Ohms, 140W into 4Ohms

Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz +0/-0.2dB 5Hz - 80kHz +0/-1dB

Dedicated PSU for the pre section. Really nice. And I mind the looks in black less than the 1980's ugly silver.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
It looks a bit basic inside where are the heat sinks and no shielding around the power supply it looks like someone just laid everything inside and wired it all up and then turn round and say that’s £4000 please

drummerman said:
Al ears said:
drummerman said:

Bryson building a 90 watt amp???? :)

http://www.bryston.com/products/power_amps/B60R.html

OK, so they did........ wonder if they sold many.

Quote: Not as muscular sounding as rivals.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
It looks a bit basic inside where are the heat sinks and no shielding around the power supply it looks like someone just laid everything inside and wired it all up and then turn round and say that’s £4000 please 

The substantial casing are the heat sinks. I prefer that to internal heat sinks with arrays of huge slots in the top plate which, whilst effective, let dust in ... hello Schmegel (and others).

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
It looks a bit basic inside where are the heat sinks and no shielding around the power supply it looks like someone just laid everything inside and wired it all up and then turn round and say that’s £4000 please

It’s £5K...!

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The design is super efficient, there's breathing area for components, distance for less EMI, heatsinks are outside, beautifully layed out, tidy, servicable... I can't flaw it.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Did they (PMC) not do any Design survey or sth. similar ? It's really an odd Design. Same with Cyrus Lyric...still Lyric looking better. Looks like they wanted to go into the retro direction but went into the strange Design. I get their point...but still, not this way...Their LSs looking definitely much better...For some who are not into Hi Fi they might think at the first glance that it is a new Playstation or a some game console...(?)

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
stereoman said:
Did they (PMC) not do any Design survey or sth. similar ? It's really an odd Design. Same with Cyrus Lyric...still Lyric looking better. Looks like they wanted to go into the retro direction but went into the strange Design. I get their point...but still, not this way...Their LSs looking definitely much better...For some who are not into Hi Fi they might think at the first glance that it is a new Playstation or a some game console...(?)

Style is a personal thing. I kinda like it!

Gazzip said:
stereoman said:

Style is a personal thing. I kinda like it!

Sometimes function and design are the be all. Sod all else. My power amp looks like a brick, but whatever I don't act have to look at it all day.

Of course of I could afford it I'd go with D'Appolito........ ;-)

rainsoothe

Imo it's one of the best looking pieces of hi-fi out there (but what do I know, I like the look of Yamaha amps as well). Of course not the same direction as Chord or Nagra, but I like old-school looking stuff, like Lamm. I'd love to hear one, even if the price is pretty high...

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
Al ears said:
davidf said:
Al ears said:
Of course of I could afford it I'd go with D'Appolito........ ;-)
Do you mean D’Agastino?

That's your man...... the other ones a type of driver configuration. Doh!

Dan D'Agostino

:)

Why not the understated looks of the Zanden Model 6000 integrated valve amplifier?

31ba1c37a5a0023c686db3c6393b902c.jpg

I bet it doubles down as a lemonade machine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts