Question Pm8006 or 7000n

Cdavies

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
Hi.i am amazed we dont see a review of the 8006 on what hi fi given the magazines love of all things marantz.i have dali oberon5 rega 3 and am looking at upgrading from pm7200 marantz with one of the two in the title.any advice?

D

Deleted member 108165

Don't expect it to sound different as it probably won't, you'll only get more connectivity by going to the PM8006.

Cdavies

Feb 28, 2020
Visit site
Thanks chaps.yeah I need a phono.there are few reviews of the 8006 which surprises me.i know the rega elex is highly rated but prefer the look of the marantz.

Engineria

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
PM7200 is still a good amp, but has obvious signs of cost cutting in stock form, such as poorly performing and noisey opamps in the preamplifier stage, and bad output connectors, these are easy to change and make a massive upgrade to the sound quality.

matthewpiano

If you are wedded to Marantz and you don't need the network capabilities go for the PM8006. From a sound perspective I would suggest seeing if you can audition it, perhaps in comparison with a competitor or two Eg. Audiolab 8300A, NAD C368. This will help to ensure you get the sound you like the best for your budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts