PM KI pearl lite or PM7004 for RX6 ?!

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
I have heard the lite - but not the 7004 -

The lite can be demod at popular hi fi stores - go and have a listen - it is very good indeed.

tonky

violet

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
thanks for your reply, but can you describe the sound signature of the pm7004 ?

i have heard some comments of people who listened to the pearl lite and they said it was a little bit bright !!

BR

violet

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
tonky said:
I have heard the lite - but not the 7004 -

The lite can be demod at popular hi fi stores - go and have a listen - it is very good indeed.

tonky

thanks Mr.Tonky for your useful info,

the problem is i dont have any chance to listen to the pearl lite before paying its price ! cuz my dealer will order it from marantz as a special order

and for testing he just have some brands from NAD and naim with a low power, so you cant really judge.

from your experience, do you think the pearl lite was a little bit bright ? can you advise me to buy it with the RX6 ? and pay 700$ more than tha pm7004 ?

BR

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a 7004 and I am hugely impressed by it.

I read as many reviews/forum threads as I was able to find on it (seeing that WHF have yet to cast their opinion on it :poke: ) before I made the purchase, and all were very positive, much to my delight. My ears certainly agree - I love it. From what I have read the KI is very similar (they even share the same manual) - the only major differences being a copper chassis and torodial transformer. I would love a KI but had to ask myself if those differences would be worth the extra money. I decided not.

The sound of the 7004 is beautiful in direct mode - warm and rich but tight too, and it packs serious punch and guts. Volume at less that halfway (driving B&W 684s) is enough to bring the roof tiles off!

With the sound signal utilising the tri-tone bass/mid/treble circuits there is no discernable loss of transparency or detail compared to the direct mode, but with the added benefit of being able to tweak the tone to your own taste or room characteristics. I love this feature, and quickly found my ideal preference.

All in all, I cannot fault it in the slightest - so it certainly gets my two thumbs up. Do some reading up and I'm sure your'll find equally postive reviews as mine - you can buy with confidence.

Do please let us know what you decide.

Regards, Keith

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
The Pearl lite was definitely not bright. It was easy on the ear - spacious - revealing - natural - dynamic .And whatever music I played through it - I really enjoyed.

I will probably demo it again against my current amp with a view to purchasing it. If I was in the market for a 650£ amp - this would be my choice.

Tonky

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
It may have been because they were in the very middle of a huge room or because the speakers weren't well run in, but I found the sound somewhat brittle and even a bit flinty in the treble.

The reference/premium range all sounded full bodied, smooth and natural. I couldn't say whether the Pearl Lite approached this sound.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
ID

If you don't mind me mentioning - your post dated Feb 15 - you had heard the pm7004 but not the lite.I take you have had a good lengthy demo of the lite since then?

tonky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts