plinius questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello;

I want to upgrade my naim setup to plinius combo.

I am little bit confuse over which way to go.

Pre / Power combo m8/P10 or Hialto. I dont have the opportunity to listen them, they keep only 9100 - 9200 stock down here.

Will they give me my moneys worth over 9200?

best regards

A

Anonymous

Hello,

dunno what the question is really... but I thought I would reply because I am a fellow Plinius fan who has never heard one... However why not try this...

PLINIUS AMP

Failing that you are outlaying so much money why travel to the nearest national/international Plinius dealer and book a listening sesh?

A

Anonymous

sorry if i was not clear

pre power plinius combo or new hialto amp?

they ara almost the same price....

the second question is that are they realy better that 9200 amp?

i listen mostly classical music my room is about 15 square meter just for music a big chair cds and the setup

regards

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi mate,

I asked the same question to a plinius staff member in the Dynaudio room, at the Bristol Hifi Show this year. As the intergrated and the Pre and power are a similar price.

His personal preference was, from a purist point of view, that the pre and power is better than an intergrated.

I was surprised as I would have thought the saving made from just having one case with an intergrated, would mean better quality components used, but I guess the benefit of seperating the power supply from the sensitive preamp circuits has its benefits.

Personally I would buy the pre and power, as it allows flexability to upgrade your system in the distant future. Just remmember that you do need an extra interconnect if you go down the pre and power route, and dont skimp on it, as you wont hear the systems full potential.

A

Anonymous

thank you very much...sometimesuk

i wish i had to chance to listen them :)

A

Anonymous

I had a similar quandry - whether to go for the integrated or the pre/power and eventually went for the pre/power route. I can't speak of the sound on the integrated but the M8/P10 pre/power combo plus the Plinius CD player is stunning. I also have Spendor S8e speakers and the bass is absolutely first rate - deep and powerful but also tight and controlled.

A

Anonymous

Sorry to need to ask ........ and how can you decide what to buy if you've not heard it at all .... ?

I'm not sure how you've decided that's the best route for you, your shortlist as it were?

Not trying to be awkward, but it's possibly an expensive mistake to make if you have (a) not heard it at all ... and (b) not compared it with at least 1 or 2 alternatives in the price range .........

Do you have the chance to return it if it's not giving you what you want?

A

Anonymous

Next month i will have the opportunity to hear 9200 and hialto but not the m8/p10 pre power combo....

I will have to chance to listen some bryston and primare stuff also but this is best i can....

its not like UK that you go around 2-3 hi fi store and find everything so thats why i am trying to get the best info from peope luckier than me :)

and also if you listen and form an opinion on every equipment why to buy a magazine and ask questions in the forums......!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts