Please recommend a blue ray player for music

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

My technics cd player has just give up the ghost and I have also been looking to get a new blue ray player as I only have a cheap Asda one at the moment. So to kill two birds with one stone as they say can you guys recommend a blueray player to do this. I assume I will be able to rig up my technics amp to the tv and play through a pair of MA BX2's. Thank you for any advice. Budget is £300.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
geordie777 said:
Hi everyone

My technics cd player has just give up the ghost and I have also been looking to get a new blue ray player as I only have a cheap Asda one at the moment. So to kill two birds with one stone as they say can you guys recommend a blueray player to do this. I assume I will be able to rig up my technics amp to the tv and play through a pair of MA BX2's. Thank you for any advice. Budget is £300.
Take a look at the Marantz ud5005, if you shop around you can get it under £300 now. It does 3D blu-ray, CD and SACD it also sounds excellent with music. You would be better off connecting the blu-ray played to your Technics amp via an analogue RCA lead for music and obviously via HDMI to your TV for movies.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
I would have to agree with Prof regarding the Marantz or pioneer options (i came close to getting the LX55 myself recently) but i would add that the Denon DBP 2012 would be worth considering too as music is important to you or even the Panasonic BDT500. If it was me i would be looking at either the Marantz or Denon options as both will give good results with music and connect it with analog interconnects for stereo music and HDMI for home cinema duties.

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys I like the look of the Pioneer seems a really good piece of kit for the price although some of the reviews are a bit sketchy. The Marantz looks a good option to but does it play Flac files ? Just to add the technics amp is only a temp measure hoping to upgrade soon so any suggestions on what would be a good choice to go with the Pioneer or the would be appreciated. By the way did consider the Denon but a bit out of my budget at mo. Budget for a new amp will again be about £300.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
geordie777 said:
Just to add the technics amp is only a temp measure hoping to upgrade soon so any suggestions on what would be a good choice to go with the Pioneer or the would be appreciated ... Budget for a new amp will again be about £300.

Are you looking at a stereo amp or an AV receiver?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts