please put me out of my misery

D

Deleted member 160668

Their last album has to be one of my favourites I've bought in ages. Your comment prompted me to look...

Their website has a new song 'rooting for you' which id not heard.

Also checked Songkick app (amazing app for tracking gigs/bands if you haven't got it!) and they are appearing at a festival in Helsinki soon.

Songkick will prompt me if/when UK tour due which presumably will coincide with new album?!

Have you heard a new album is due or was it a speculative question?

cheers,

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
amormusic said:
Their last album has to be one of my favourites I've bought in ages. Your comment prompted me to look...

Their website has a new song 'rooting for you' which id not heard. 

Also checked Songkick app (amazing app for tracking gigs/bands if you haven't got it!) and they are appearing at a festival in Helsinki soon. 

Songkick will prompt me if/when UK tour due which presumably will coincide with new album?!

Have you heard a new album is due or was it a speculative question?

cheers,

Its due out some where between march and june but i may be wrong

But i read they have definately been recording for an album. Please let me be correct

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I was sent an email link to a video of something new from them. It started with Hannah's beautiful solo voice then slowly built into a huge piece with orchestra. Hauntingly beautiful and atmospheric.

I have a really good feeling about their new music. Hope I'm right and that it's recorded and mastered as well as their last album.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
I've heard the new track, although just the once so far. I was a little underwhelmed to be honest. Perhaps it's a grower....

Hmmm... Just heard it myself and Clannad spring to mind.

I do hope their post If You Wait stuff isn't all like that or I shan't be buying the new album!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Just been back for another listen. As far as I am concerned (and it is a personal thing of course this music stuff) that is complete dross. Nothing like their previous stuff. Looks to me as if that "difficult" second album may end up being just that. I really hope not, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqhgXAGP4Ho

insider9

Gazzip said:
Yep. Just been back for another listen. As far as I am concerned (and it is a personal thing of course this music stuff) that is complete dross. Nothing like their previous stuff. Looks to me as if that "difficult" second album may end up being just that. I really hope not, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqhgXAGP4Ho

You know what they say. You've got your whole life to write the first album.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
davidf said:
I don't know why artists don't just do more of the same for the second album - better than screwing it all up! (Hardfi! Glass Animals too...)

+1.

BTW I just read on A.N. Other forum that the Little Audio Company are a Revel loudspeaker stockist? Nice work if that is true! I heard them with a Primare front end up them at the Windsor show last year. The small room system of the entire show IMHO...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
+1.

BTW I just read on A.N. Other forum that the Little Audio Company are a Revel loudspeaker stockist? Nice work if that is true! I heard them with a Primare front end up them at the Windsor show last year. The small room system of the entire show IMHO...
Which other forum did you read that on?

That is true though (as in my signature). I do Primare too - always liked their amps as they work well with a lot of speakers and sound great.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
davidf said:
Gazzip said:
+1.

Which other forum did you read that on?

That is true though (as in my signature). I do Primare too - always liked their amps as they work well with a lot of speakers and sound great.

Cyrus Unofficial... Should have read your signature. *blush*

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
I was sent an email link to a video of something new from them. It started with Hannah's beautiful solo voice then slowly built into a huge piece with orchestra. Hauntingly beautiful and atmospheric.

I have a really good feeling about their new music. Hope I'm right and that it's recorded and mastered as well as their last album.

I agree, the new song sounds absolutely stunning on my system an absolutely huuuge sound Hannah's voice just hangs in the air full of emotion and feeling , it sends shivers down my spine !

That low frequency rumble at the end vibrates every cell in my body it's almost feels like an earthquake !

London Grammar have a very hard act to follow but judging by the new song it should be up to scratch, time will tell. *smile*

Electro said:
I agree, the new song sounds absolutely stunning on my system an absolutely huuuge sound Hannah's voice just hangs in the air full of emotion and feeling , it sends shivers down my spine !

That low frequency rumble at the end vibrates every cell in my body it's almost feels like an earthquake !

Hi Electro

Looking forward to hearing it
regular_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

D

Deleted member 160668

'Big Picture' single released today and on Spotify (apparently).

not had chance to listen yet but will report back later.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so it's a departure from their previous offerings. However I really like it. This could just be that brilliant and successful, yet difficult, second album we are all hoping for... Fingers crossed!

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Okay, so it's a departure from their previous offerings. However I really like it. This could just be that brilliant and successful, yet difficult, second album we are all hoping for... Fingers crossed!

+1

Change is good. I've listened to this a few times and it's a 'grower'.

I just hope the SQ is as good as it is on the 1st Album.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:

+1

+++1

"Wasting my young years" is my go to "how good is this system" track.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip said:

+1

+++1

"Wasting my young years" is my go to "how good is this system" track.

"Hey Now" is mine. If a system can get the bass right on this track there's not much wrong with it.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Their first album was too compressed for me to rate it as a "good" recording.

There's an extremely high chance their 2nd album will be too compressed too.

Which is a shame, as this music deserves to have a non-compressed release.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Their first album was too compressed for me to rate it as a "good" recording.

There's an extremely high chance their 2nd album will be too compressed too.

Which is a shame, as this music deserves to have a non-compressed release.

Just out of interest when you say compressed do you nean it sounds compressed when playing it on your system or it is listed as compressed on the DR database or both.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=london+grammar&album=

To me it does not sound overly compressed which is why I am beginning to doubt the overall accuracy of the DR database and how the DR calculations are made.

I agree that more dynamic range is usually better depending on the type of music being recorded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts