Please help, confused...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Thanks to a very nice surprise I have up to £900 to spend on a new tv, unfortunately I am very confused over what model to go for. My requirements are fairly standard, I will be getting a PS3 to take advantage of some infrequent gaming but mostly as a blueray source. No plans to get SKY HD so will be fairly important that it works well with SD material. Big rugby fan so any tv should be able to handle motion pretty well.

Currently thinking of the panasonic plasmas but not sure if I should wait for the new TH42PZ80/85 for full HD ability or if the TH42PX80 is sufficent. On the other hand I see the some of the sony and samsung get very good ratings???

Please help????

A

Anonymous

Well, none of the tvs in Panasonic's new 8th generation range have had any reviews yet, and I don't think anyone has seen one in action to be able to comment. However, their previous (7th gen.) range are all excellent tvs, and are available for some very low prices. For full HD, the 42PZ70 is available for about £900, while the 720p 42PX70 is around £700 online. These prices may fall even lower when the new models are widely available. If I happened upon a "nice suprise" I would almost certainly buy either the 42PX70 or the 42PZ70.

A

Anonymous

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply, Panasonic get a lot of good reviews so I think I might wait for the 80 versions to either see if the prices of the 7 series drop or pick up one of the new versions. Would you say this would be better options than say the sony 40w3000.

As for the nice surprise, I won a grand in a works prize draw, must say I was very chuffed.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We rated the current, 7 series Panasonic plasmas better than the Sony 40W300 when we Supertest-ed them last year.

How well the 8 series Panas will compare is as yet unknown! Not a bad idea to hang onto your windfall for a few weeks longer...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I would opt for the Panasonic Plasma over any LCD in its price bracket without doubt especially as your main reason for the PS3 is to watch movies as IMHO a good Plasma is well infront of a LCD when it comes to Black levels.

A

Anonymous

Hey folks, thanks for the replies, I will def. wait for the new panasonics.

Claire any ideas on when you will get your hands on the TH42PZ80 and 85 models and what prices do you expect them to come in at?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Hi there docwalker

I have also been looking at this TV and spent a bit of time researching and comparing to the other TV's in the new panasonic range. I think this TV stacks up well and really appears to be a bit of a bargain. It gets a good review especially with Blu-ray @ 24fps and even though its not a true HD panel it appears from the review that this is not a problem.

There is a really good in-depth review on the new Panasonic TH42-PX80 @ HDTVtest.co.uk

Cheapest price I have seen this is around £730 @ Dixons.

A

Anonymous

Hey houndog

cheers for the reply, I have seen the TH42-PX80 in currys recently and after adjusting the settings was very impressed. Was side by side a TH42-PZ70 and looked very well in comparison.

Currently I am waiting to hear the reviews of the TH-42PZ80 and 85 versions before making my final decision.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="houndog"]

Cheapest price I have seen this is around £730 @ Dixons.

[/quote]

£709 at Dixons!! Use code AW20 at checkout for 42PX80.

There are reviews of the 37PX80 at CNET and Trusted Review, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts