PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE TO CHOOSE SPEAKERS FOR ROTEL 1070 PREAMP AND 1080 POWERAMP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ADVICE ON RIGHT SPEAKERS FOR ROTEL 1070 AND 1080 PREAMP AND POWER AMP Speakers For Rotel 1070 and 1080 Pre and Pwr Amps
1. I have got a Rotel 1070 preamp and a 1080 Power AMP. I have zeroed on the following tower speakers. Can someone please advise me to make the right choice.

(a) Monitor Audio RS 8

(b) Quad 22 L 2

(c) Dali Icon 6

(d) Monitor Audio BR 6

2. Please also advise me on any other speaker system thet goes well with these Rotel Amps.

A

Anonymous

You can get some Monitor Audio RS6s for £480 in Sevenoaks.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I have some Rotel kit running with MA speakers - they make a good match to my ears!

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Thanks a ton for the tips. I will be greatefull if more information on the subject can be given.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Well, the only other thing I can add is that I'm currently using a Rotel / Monitor Audio RS6 setup which sounds beautiful. I also auditioned the RS6s using a Rotel RA04 (when I was buying them), using Chord speaker cable, which sounded fantastic.

A

Anonymous

Depends a lot on what's your room size and what do you listen to?

[quote user="thelapillil"]

(a) Monitor Audio RS 8 - Loads and loads of thump. NOT for small rooms. Need careful placement. Not for extended listening. Party material.

(b) Quad 22 L 2 - No comment

(c) Dali Icon 6 - Undefeatable for their musicality, resolution, soundstage, tonal accuracy. Brings music alive even with low powered amp. Not for the bass-head. Not for patrying. Excellent speakers for everyday home usage.

(d) Monitor Audio BR 6 - Way below the mark from the rest three. A better alternative in your setup would be a a B&W 693
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Is there such a thing called B&W 693? Oh well, I must be trying to say --- 6-8-3 :)

A

Anonymous

1. Thanks for the advise.

2. The room Dimension is 5.5 M X 4.5 M.

3. I listen to all kinds of music. Favourites are Dire Straits, Eagles, Clapton, Country etc.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
B&W 684's

B&W 685's with good mass loaded stands

Monitor Audio RS6's - Would have them over the RS8's as i feel the RS6's give a truer sound.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="thelapillil"]
2. The room Dimension is 5.5 M X 4.5 M. - Hey, that's not so bad.

(what I really mean is that's a good dimension.)

3. I listen to all kinds of music. Favourites are Dire Straits, Eagles, Clapton, Country etc. Rock and Country! Do you like excitement or intimacy? Listen in long sessions or in small bursts?
Assuming you listen to 80% rock 20% Country, my preference would be MA RS6, B&W 683 and Dali IKON 6 in that order. But if you listen in long sessions and want more intimacy than Dalis would make most of anything Country/Jazz/Blue/Soul etc.
[/quote]

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the valuable tips. What about Advance Accoustics Pwramp 406 and Preamp 206. How good are these products.

A

Anonymous

Hello All,

I have almost decided to go for Monitor Audio RS 8 Floor Standers with my Rotel 1070 pre amp and 1080 power amp. I think I will use Marantz 5001 Cd player with the above combination. Can someone please advise me before I make a decision.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts