Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
[*]
Joined on 10-23-2009

Posts 2

[/list]

Please enlighten me

A dumb question from a newbie,

If I use a biwire cables 2x4 with a non biwirable speaker , will there be any significant drop in audio performance?

Im assuming that only 2 out of 4 cables are being use for each speaker, 50% drop in performance?

Just
got given odyssey 4 from a relative and currently using kimber 4PR
(single run) for my tannoy f1 custom.....tried both of them and the
entry level kimber seems to be performing a lot better than the
advanced level odyssey =( I hope its the biwiring incompatibility not
the cable quality since im thinking to upgrade my speakers soon

Thanks...Hope you experts dont mind answering this
Regards,
Leon

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

If you connect all cables, all cables will carry a signal and the speaker will receive the signal. The speaker crossover unit will handle it.

Try connecting only one pair of wires and then connect all. 'See' if you hear any difference.

Cheers.

Cofnchtr.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
TheLucius:
[*] Joined on 10-23-2009 Posts 2 Online [/list] Please enlighten me
A dumb question from a newbie,

If I use a biwire cables 2x4 with a non biwirable speaker , will there be any significant drop in audio performance?

Im assuming that only 2 out of 4 cables are being use for each speaker, 50% drop in performance?

Justgot given odyssey 4 from a relative and currently using kimber 4PR(single run) for my tannoy f1 custom.....tried both of them and theentry level kimber seems to be performing a lot better than theadvanced level odyssey =( I hope its the biwiring incompatibility notthe cable quality since im thinking to upgrade my speakers soon

Thanks...Hope you experts dont mind answering this

Regards,
Leon

If you upgrade just try both cables on the new speakers, both should be more than good enough on speakers costing several times that of the Tannoys, but at the end of the day you listen with your ears and choose which sounds best.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts