playstation 3 with pioneer pdp 428xd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i have recently purchased a 428xd and was just wondering what are the best settings for a playstation 3 connected to the screen as its not full hd. i would like to be able to get the best picture from the screen as i will be using it to play movies as well as games. any help would be appreciated thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Set the PS3 to output full 1080p at 24fps - the Pioneer will handle everything else. It may not be Full HD, but it can process the content to suit its resolution more than happily.

Make sure you also set up your TV to get the most from it, too - full guide here, plus covered in our 'The Best TVs you can Buy' supplement, free with our current issue.

A

Anonymous

Clare, couldnt put it better, now without sounding un pc but a girl who looks as good as you and knows her gadgets and hi-fi especially home cinema are you the worlds most wanted women?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
My husband thinks so
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Seriously now Clare if you were to have to make a decision and go with it, long term blu-ray or HD-DVD? i know both have there merits but what format do you think personally will make it?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Everything we do on What Hi-fi? Sound and Vision is to help people get more from the music and movies they love - if those movies are only available on one HD format or another because of a format war, it's impossible to choose between them. I hate the fact the Hollywood studios have put film-lovers in this position!

As far as our tests go to date, there's nothing to choose between the two formats in terms of performance (sound or vision) - the differences come more in the quality of the films/transfers/sound formats used than in whether a disc is Blu-ray or HD DVD.

Here's to an end to this ridiculous 'war' with the arrival of excellent hybrid players - or the recognition by the studios that their films should be available in HD for whoever wants to enjoy them.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Well, assuming Clare has taken a well-earned break from the forums (she has to sleep sometime, you know!), I'll answer this one. Sorry to disappoint you, but we honestly have no idea. There are more stand-alone Blu-ray players coming to market than HD DVD players for now (only Toshiba, Onkyo and Ventura have announced HD DVD players in the run-up to Christmas, while we have Blu-ray players from Sony, Sharp, Samsung, Philips, Panasonic and Denon).

That said, some film studios are backing HD DVD exclusively, including Paramount. But with the advent of new dual-format players from LG and Samsung, both formats could co-exist for some time, just as SACD and DVD-Audio have. It's frustrating, I know, but no-one really has a clue how this is going to pan out. Wish we did!

TRENDING THREADS