PLAYSTATION 3 REMOTE CONTROL

seanygib

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
HI,

I HAVE A SONY STR DA2400 ES RECEIVER AND SONY KDL V4000 LCD TV AND PS 3 (WITHOUT REMOTE).

CAN EITHER OF MY CURRENT SONY REMOTES CONTROL THE PS3 FOR CD/DVD/BLU RAY PLAYBACK ETC OR DO I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER PS3 OFFICIAL REMOTE.

THANKS

A

Anonymous

hi

you need a ps3 bluetooth remote,

normal ir remotes don't work!

hope that helps!

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
You can get 3rd party remotes that use IR via a USB-attached receiver/charging station. Some people get one of these for the receiver, so they use the PS3 with a universal remote.

Otherwise, the Sony PS3 remote is much better (and being Bluetooth you don't have to point it at the console!).

A

Anonymous

Hi,

The best option I've seen is the IR4PS3. This is small black box contains an IR receiver connected up to the board out of Sony's BD Remote. It provides all the same options as the BD Remote, including power on and off. Works a treat with my Harmony One. ÿ

Liam19

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
ElectroMan:
Otherwise, the Sony PS3 remote is much better (and being Bluetooth you don't have to point it at the console!).

ÿ

ÿAgreed - the PS3 remote is a great buy, and mine even works when I'm stood at the other side of my house (and stood facing the opposite direction!) It's well worthwhile, and it'll match your other remotes nicely too at least!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts