Playing vynil records on a turntable through AV Amp.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been playing my records through a NAD amp and loudspeakers. I now need to be able to play the records via an AV amp. attached to a TV monitor, DVD player, sat receiver, and a surround sound system. I have the Aux input on the amp. free. What do I need to attach my turntable to play my records through the same system

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Presumably your NAD amp had an onboard phono stage which is where you would have plugged your turntable leads into.

I've never had an AV amp but presume that it does not have an onboard phono stage? If thats the case then you will need to get your self a phono pre-amp to connect to your turntable, and in turn the phono amp can be plugged into any spare Aux input on your AV amp. You can pick up a decent basic 2nd hand one by the likes of NAD, Pro-Ject, Cambridge Audi etc. for about £50. You can get cheaper, and you can pay a lot more too, it just depends how much your budget stretches to and appropriate to the quality of turntable.

A

Anonymous

Thank you both for your replies. My amp is a pioneer VSX709RDS which is a few years old now.

I have just bought a new Onkyo TX-SR 308 AV receiver but not yet plumbed it in, but has not got a dedicated input for a turntable. It sounds as if it's the pre amp I need.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I presume your Onkyo has front pre-outs, if so I'd be tempted to feed these and your TT, CDP etc into your Nad an use the Nad for hifi and the Onk for AV only. You may end up with better sound off the TT this way and it coud save you buying a Phono stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts