Play fi problems

Tinman1952

Hi. I looked DTS PlayFi a few years ago when considering some Arcam equipment. The trouble was with this system ( and I’m pretty sure it is still a problem…) is that all the music goes through the control device…whether a phone, tablet or whatever. Unlike DLNA where the control device is just that…and music goes from say a server straight to the renderer. This was a deal breaker for me.
The 6000N is DLNA and UPNP compliant and so will work with any DLNA app such as BubbleUPNP on Android, or MConnect on iOS.
Getting Apple Music working is of course a whole other can of worms….🙂

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah iam aware of other folks finding play fi has issues with other services, it's one of the reasons ive stuck with spotify as the connect seams to avoid many of the problems with the play fi. Hopefully compatability will be improved over time, hopefully someone knows a way around the issue, its so annoying to have a great product let down by its opperating app............

manicm

Play-Fi is owned by DTS and, to conserve their own interests, I don’t see the platform evolving much, even if the 6000N is an excellent sounding streamer. I don’t even think Tidal Connect is currently on the cards.

Rudy986

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
I have bought a 6000a+6000n yesterday and I’m returning it to the shop. The 6000n, although sounding great, is basically unusable from if you do not use Spotify with Spotify connect (and you don’t want to use Spotify after buying such piece of equipment) .

The play-fi app takes minutes to find the device, does not support gapless playback and also drops the connection. in the absence of air-play, you need to go through play-fi to use other apps such as tidal or Qobuz. I really do not understand how they can have design such a complicated and inefficient system while nearly all other brands simply support airplay.
Audio quality is worthless if it impossible to use as it ruins all of your experience.

Reactions: Tinman1952

Fidelity dom

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
I have bought a 6000a+6000n yesterday and I’m returning it to the shop. The 6000n, although sounding great, is basically unusable from if you do not use Spotify with Spotify connect (and you don’t want to use Spotify after buying such piece of equipment) .

The play-fi app takes minutes to find the device, does not support gapless playback and also drops the connection. in the absence of air-play, you need to go through play-fi to use other apps such as tidal or Qobuz. I really do not understand how they can have design such a complicated and inefficient system while nearly all other brands simply support airplay.
Audio quality is worthless if it impossible to use as it ruins all of your experience.
Yeah it's such a shame that a great piece of kit is so badly let down by the app, i use 6000a play & 6000n with apotify connect & it's been faultless to be honest, but it is a major limitation to be limited to one streaming service........if i wasn't using spotify id have gone the bluesound route.......😁

Reactions: Shay.M

G-man

Feb 9, 2022
Visit site
I am returning an Audiolab Omnia due to the Play-Fi app. Even when it "works" after about an hour or so it starts to drop out. I will look to replace with something that doesn't use Play-Fi. I don't want something that you need to be an expert to get to work properly, just something that streams the music hassle free.

Reactions: Shay.M and Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts