Plaster or Plasterboard for new extension

scene

My new dining area extension is reaching the wall-finishing stage :bounce: and the builders have said they're going to bond (well hard wall) and plaster the walls. I was, sort of assuming, they were going to use plaster board and skim. Now this room is directly off my kitchen, with a large opening between (i.e. no doors) and will house my second AV system.

Which is bet for the walls - bond+plaster or plasterboard and skim. I know the former is more resistant to moisture (the room is off the kitchen), is easier to hang things off, like cabinets and TVs, and is slightly cheaper. The latter is slightly more sound absorbent, dries quicker - so quicker to decorate, and will be 100% smooth and square. But there will be voids, do harder to hang things.

Which finish to go for? :wall:

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
If you are referring to dab fixing plasterboard to the breeze block inner skin I'd personally go for that.Warmer as well.Use longer rawl plugs into the breeze for fixings if necessary.Or use these blighters. I've got 50 kilo stainless steel rads hanging on a plaster stud wall using these with only one out of four fixings in the stud.

Edit- you can get them cheaper but that link was for show only.

scene

Thanks again rgd :cheers:

I haved decided to go with the plasterboard - I must post some pictures of the work in progress... Only a few more weeks before my second AV room, sorry I mean dining room :) is ready...

A

Anonymous

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain good points in options also.
Lortab Clockwork Clonazepam ooporphyrin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts