Plasmas / reasonable viewing & Scr. Burn

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looks that way, I'd wait and see what the guys who've bought them say - I haven't actually seen one so just going by WHF's news report.

They'll probably be at least two plasma 800 models, the PX800 will be HD Ready and the PZ800 will be Full HD (the X and Z is the way Panasonic differentiate between the two).

For 22" to 26" sizes, yuo would definitely want LCD (I doubt they make plasma that small) - this is the size LCD is good at! Afraid I haven't seen any recently so can't make any recommendations for you though!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]
Looks that way, I'd wait and see what the guys who've bought them say - I haven't actually seen one so just going by WHF's news report.

They'll probably be at least two plasma 800 models, the PX800 will be HD Ready and the PZ800 will be Full HD (the X and Z is the way Panasonic differentiate between the two).

For 22" to 26" sizes, yuo would definitely want LCD (I doubt they make plasma that small) - this is the size LCD is good at! Afraid I haven't seen any recently so can't make any recommendations for you though!
[/quote]

Good idea!

I will wait and see how the 80 compares with the 800 then as maybe the latter has better sound.

I feel a headache coming on..........

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]

[/quote]

That's the case for most Pana plasma size, but unfortunately not the 37in, which is only avaialbe in '8' and '80' HD Ready versions. The only '800' option in 37in size will be the Full HD LCD - the TX-37LZD800.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Scotsgirl"]

The other is power consumption as I watch at least six hours per day of TV. So any idea how much more electricity it would use compared with my 32" LCD?

[/quote]

Panasonic claims this year's models use less electricity than the 07 sets.

If anyone wants to check the power consumption of a lot of different kit, this site could be quite useful.

A

Anonymous

Thanks ever so much for clarifying the situation Clare.

Yes will see what the PX80 is like then and hope the sound is as good as the 32LXD700.

Like you Prof I did so much research before choosing my TV. Never thought it would be so difficult!

Don't know whether I would put as much effort into finding a husband!!!lol

Having a great TV and being very techy might help!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts