Plasma or lcd?

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Im going to buy a tv for a new shop that will be used for showing still photos on slide show also dvds and in the future hook up my laptop to use as a large display.Whats the plus/minus points to the different formats?Tv wont be used for normal television.

Any advice would be really great.Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Simon is spot on, LCD will look better in a bright show room or shop and you won't have any possibility of image retention that you may get on a plasma, also it will be cheaper to run If it's on all day.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Slewis and Markjaspi thanks for your answers,lcd it will be then,ive found an lg 42" lcd for 400 pound,i think thats a good deal.

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

DavidNorway:....ive found an lg 42" lcd for 400 pound,i think thats a good deal..

Richer Sounds have a 42" Samsung LCD at £349 which seems to be an even better deal...

If it's still photos on a slide show, image retention shouldn't really be a problem, unless you intend to have a permanent logo displayed. Even then, barring a few cheaper plasma sets, image retention, if any, is temporary.

In any case, if you plan to use it as a display in shop, LCD might be better due to its attractive & bright display of colours. Plasma is more suited for home environment when you want a true rendition of colours which may not look that attractive in bright light.

DavidNorway

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Ive just found a 40" from Thompson thats 300 pound,is that a good deal?Ritcher sounds is not ideal as im in Norway electric things seem to be priced ok here unlike some other things!

Also what conections must you have for a laptop to be able to work with a tv?i have heard about wireless tvs but dont think there in my budget.

Thanks as always

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Not familiar with the TV so cannot comment on it. Do you think it's a good deal? If so, buy it.

Check your laptop - you'll need to match the connections there to the TV inputs. Depending on age of macbook you may be fortunate enough to have an HDMI port - check TV has the same and bingo! If not, DVI? Check TV has PC input and you should be OK.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

Plasma tends to be better for fast motion like for sports, some cheaper LCD you have some motion blur and Plasma on some of there bigger screen seem a little more natural in color. LCD seem a little bit crisper/ more clarity and better in bright rooms and cost less to run. LCD blacks arnt generally as good as blacks on plasma however the new LED tvs have better blacks and seem a bit more natural in color. I go for a LED tv. Mainline brands I I like are sony, panasonic, samsung.

Cheers

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts