Planet Earth Blu-ray narration..

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok I dont know why but David's dulcet tones are extremely quiet on my new system compared to the PC speakers I was using before..

The new speakers are the Q acoustics 1010i 's with a Sony STRA2400ES amp, I've tried different settings 2 channel direct, AFD etc and I cant seem to bring the narration to the front.

Any ideas ?

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
emotion-55.gif
Assuming your amp is new to you as well, and i dont know much about the sonys, have you tried the speaker set up menu on the amp, you should be able to custom set the volume on each speaker and bring up the centre speaker volume untill you feel happy with it, does this amp have a auto set up?? just a thought, hopefully some one may be able to throw some more light on this who is a sony expert, anyway just a thought.

A

Anonymous

The planet earth sondtrack is at fault, not your speakers (the blue planet is the same) I have the HD DVD version, the speach is far too quiet and if you pump it up to hear it the music is very loud.

A

Anonymous

I've tried tinkering around with numerous settings, unfortunately when you enter the GUI menu the bluray play back is not visible/audible, so real time adjustments are not possible.

I've also just played the first disc back thru some PC speakers and it sounds as you would expect...balanced with narration right up front.

I find it staggering that these wee speakers can trump a near £800+ audio setup..
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Agreed!

Fantastic blu rays, quiet narration. Stereo gives a better result and just marvel at the nature of this fine planet!!

A

Anonymous

Looks like I'll have to stick with the PC speakers then as even the 2 channel mode doesnt work..

jerryyeatman

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
I too have a STR-DA2400ES, but I find the centre channel speech on Planet Earth to be a normal, not too quiet.

The 2400 shows the soundtrack to be only Dolby Digital... is this right? Is there no HD soundtrack?

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
i have the blu-ray planet earth boxset , and im running it through an arcam av9/p7 combo and the centre channel (speech )is definetly quiet !

great picture though!
emotion-4.gif

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
Hooked up to an old home cinema amp at the moment via optical and speech is fine through centre speaker. BTW very nice picture on what I have watched so far.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts