Pirates Of The Carribean Trilogy on Blu-Ray for only a Tenner!!!!

A

Anonymous

If you don't mind waiting that is, they are temp out of stock already!

A

Anonymous

Just bagged mine. Dont mind waiting at that price. Cheers for the tip

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Don't want to be a damp "Squid" but they advertised it at that price back in June and then sent tons of e-mails saying it was incorrectly listed and if you wanted it it was £47.99 so we will see.

A

Anonymous

I will cling to hope that isn't the case lol But myabe it is part of the big bargains, I have spent loads on Play.com in the last few weeks.

A

Anonymous

Yesterday it was £10.99 now it's more than £36. I am repenting I didn't buy it yesterday. Just hoping play didn't make a typographical error on the price.

A

Anonymous

Cant be typographical becuase it said underneath it how much you save which then came to the price that was shown. Its £43.99 now!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Ordered it yesterday at £10.99 and it's still saying £10.99 on my Play.com account which is what they've debited my credit card, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! But yes, it's gone back up this morning.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You'd have to pay me a lot more than £10.99 - or even £43 - to sit through the second and (especially) third movies again
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Clare, if you really wanted you could pay £98.08 from totalrecallmusic on Amazon for the US imports...

A

Anonymous

I bought the Sont STR-DA2400 from there and I had to phone to do a few security checks and the lady assured me I would only be charged £10.99. I wish I had ordered more and I could of sold them on for at least £30+

A

Anonymous

Likewise - sitting in my account at £10.99 - ever the optimist I'm hoping for a Pirates fest in the near future!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yup, same here. Just had this message from Play:

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for the Pirates Of The Carribbean Trilogy Curse of the Black Pearl Dead Man Chest At World End was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with this item at the incorrectly advertised price and your order has been cancelled.

A

Anonymous

Got that email too, load of b*ll*x that is, they only did that becuase they realised too many people ordered it. I bet some have got it at that price. How can it be a pricing error..it didnt say 4.39 or 14.39 it said 10.99 and shows no resemblance to 43.99
emotion-8.gif
plus it always says at the bottom of the listed price the discount you are getting, they couldnt have written both of them wrong!

Plus when i phoned play today for a different matter the guy goes to me dont cancel it becuase it wont come back again at that price!

A

Anonymous

RAGE!!! Thought I had bargain of the month.

There must be some way they have to honour the price. Don't shops have to if the product is clearly priced (not just a price tag)? I'm sure a few years ago a family got a holiday to Floriday on the net for £100 each because the travel agent screwed up and left a zero off. They were forced to honour it!

So annoyed!!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Play.com don't have to honour the price. Here are points 4 and 5 of their Terms and Conditions:

While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are
accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of
goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give
you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or
cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order
as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods,
you will receive a full refund.

No contract for the sale of any
product will subsist between you and Play.com until Play.com dispatches
the product(s) ordered. We will confirm that the product(s) have been
dispatched by a confirmation email. This confirmation e-mail amounts to
an acceptance by Play.com of your offer to buy goods from Play.com or a
third party supplier that is engaged on your behalf by Play.com
(whether or not you receive that e-mail).

A

Anonymous

A seller displaying their goods for sale is generally making an invitation to treat which is a contract law term. It comes from the Latin phrase invitatio ad offerendum and means "inviting an offer" from a prospective buyer which the seller may then choose to accept or not.

it is only when the seller accepts the buyers offer that a binding contract is created.

The general rule is that an invitation to
treat is not binding. The "inviter" can change his or her mind. If a shop mistakenly displays an item for sale at a very low price it is not obliged to sell it for that amount. they have the right to reject the buyers offer.

Often as a good will guesture suppliers will honour mistakes in pricing but have no legal obligation to do so.

A

Anonymous

That's not very fair Play.

ÿ

ÿ

No pun intended of course... ;o)

ÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

Yeh but the call centre agent said 10.99 was the price so how can it be an error?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
They "posted " the same deal in June as I mentioned in previous post , Its just a b**** up by the Play webmasters or webmuppets , The old adage if it's too good to be true!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts