admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Pioneer to cease plasma production in favour of lcd. a very black day for superior flat panel production. yes, they cost more than Panasonic, Samsung etc, but they are in a different league and you pay for performance. guess market forces have forced pioneer into making a inferoir product in lcd from now on in conjuction with sharp. a VERY bad move, but i guess the premium market is not as big as pioneer would have hoped! i defy anyone to see movies or football on sy hd with a kuro set and not see it batter every other set on the market. only sets anywhere near as good are Lowe lcd and they are three grand! a sad day for television

A

Anonymous

this in concrete info from inside Pioneer. if anyone is interested in "true home cinema" ie projectors for films and plasma for everyday tv, then look at www.another site. you will find more true home cinema revies and equipment than on here, although i do subscribe to what hi fi and have been reading since 1990, they do deal with modest priced populist equipment as oppsed to real kit. ie Lexicon, Sim2 B&w xt and Rel subwoofers which leave the dreadful PV1 for dead at less money!!

A

Anonymous

sorry, typing quickly on my lunch break!! the site is other forums. advice on building a home cinema as well. not slagging what hi fi, but would ike to see more kit from real home cinema makers as oposed to Sony etc

A

Anonymous

must have a computer gremlin!! the site is " other forums"

A

Anonymous

No gremilns, the info is being edited out. Democracy eh! But then again I suppose it is up to the owners of this forum to allow/disallow certain content.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]Not exactly going to see a Porsche badge on the Ferrari web site would you![/quote]

No, but that is completely different issue. IMHO forums such as this are set-up for discussion & advice now if that advice sends you to another website I really can't see the issue. I personally would look at this as " Hey, the WHFSV forums are a great place for info" and I'd certainly be returning again.

I use a few different forums to get the info/advice I'm after, it's how internet forums work at their best, freedom of information.

;-)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We have no problems with external links - you'll see numerous ones on various threads. But we do object to links to sites with lots of threads having a pop at us. If everyone plays nicely, it'll be fine.
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts