Pioneer VSX919AH and Sky HD DD5.1 input

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I appreciate there have been posts on a similar problem before regarding separating the HDMI video and DD5.1 output via a receiver but want to make sure I'm not missing something as I spent yestrday afternoon unable to resolve and think its not possible with this receiver per the table from the manual below.

Input function

Input Terminals

Digital

HDMI

Component

DVD

COAX-1

IN1

BD

(BD)

TV/SAT

OPT-1

DVR

OPT-2

IN2

HDMI1

{HDMI1}

HDMI2

{HDMI2}

HDMI3

{HDMI3}

CD

COAX-2

As far as I can see there is no way to tell the receiver to take the video feed from the HDMI input and the sound from the Optical input. You can reassign an input but my issue whether the HDMI feed will always override the optical input?

Any suggestions ' help would be most appreciated
emotion-2.gif

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi there,

if you look on the remote and press number 1 (signal select) the amp should cycle through the various audio inputs. Just stop at optical and you should see 'dolby digital' light up on your amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andy - (sorry about the page formatting btw). Yes I tried this yesterday with much pressing and shouting at said remote
emotion-39.gif
but it resolutely wouldn't scroll - jsut stayed on the same one. It got me little worried it might be faulty but was keen to press on and solve the (hopefully bigger) problem.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Just a suggestion, but make sure you press 'Receiver' on the remote (button at the bottom) before you start. Also, do you have Kuro link or control function enabled? Try disabling these and trying again.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestion. I had noticed and tried that fully expecting to be able to see the input changed from greyed out to accessible but alas no. I'll keep working on it and post if I solve the issue.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts