Pioneer Vsx LX 53 Worries

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi i just recieved a Pioneer vsx lx53 i havnt open the package yet because if i do i cant return it. I got a little worried i have the Ma Rx1 speakers. I read some people dont recommend Pioneer for Ma speakers others say its fine. Does anyone have this combo. And how good is it in stereo iam mainly gonna play music is it comparable with a 400-500pound stereo amp?

/cheers

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
just a thing offtopic, One of the reason that i bought this amp was mainly because what hifis review that said it was good in stereo, But things that i miss and lacking from many avr reviews are comparsions with lets say normal 2channel amps for stereo play with music, its hard to know how good lets say the pioneer is, It says good in stereo but good in compare to what? other avrs in the same price range? or as good as a lower priced 2channel amp or better? It seems like a stupid question but many of us are using avr for music mostly and offcourse movies sometimes to. An avr is good as a media hub where you can connect alot of your electronics and are very versitale and thats why many people choose to buy avrs instead of 2channel amps

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
The LX53 is a great a/v receiver, and very good stereo.

I tested some RX8 speakers with it when I bought my CM8s, and to be honest the MAs sounded better than the CM8s - thought both were really good.

(Source was an audiolab 8200 cd player)

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Well maybe ishould open the package and try it out, just a little affraid because i cant return it if i do maybe il take the change.

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont think the ma rx is bright they are kind of smooth sounding but maybe its because iam running them currently on a marantz pm7004. Cant you tune the sound on the pioneers eq? And what hifi seems to recommend using the opposit to warmsound in the review of the rx if i read it right

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't know where you live but I'm pretty sure it's not legal to prevent the return of an item if it's been opened. How do you know it isn't damaged if you don't open the box?

Dannee

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah your right about that, but if its no wrong with the product then its gets harder because you cant take of some of the plastic protection and stuff that you need. Well i thinking of returning it and go for a safe bet a yamaha avr as alot of people recommend it here on the forum and i dont se so many complains about those avrs. The only problems that i have with yam avrs are that they are not so good in stereo atleast a couple of years ago when i had some yam avrs but maybe they are better now days.

TRENDING THREADS