Pioneer vsx 922 v denon1909

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have to about 5 hdmi units that im after connecting and like idea of controlling my amp volume via my ipad and samsung phone

So with funds a little tight i would be able to slip in a pioneer vsx 922 at 259.99 it seems good vaule with more than my 3 hdmis in and more power than my 4 year denon.

Question will the pioneer be as good as my denon1909 i have the ma br5 av setup and music i play foobar from laptop to dacmagic and movies i use sky hd or apple. Tv3 which im buying one a week and adding dvd rips. Spotify i airplay to my appletv but do like the option to airplay straight to pioneer.

I was looking at a second hand onkyo 807 or 808 later in the year for around 300-400 but i feel this could easy drive my speakers and would let me get a new amp ver the next 3month.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks bigboss it would not be a stop gap the denon will go upstairs and i will get a cheap sat sub thing upstairs. I am looking to get a new one i was going to save and back end of year get a decent one. But if this pioneer wold match the denon or even maybe improving the perfornace id stick with that.

Main question should of been is that class of amp all of need for my speakers or would i see some improvement to wait and get a second hand amp that was 800-1000 3 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts