Question Pioneer VSX-934 speaker cable connections

unfocused

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Pioneer VSX-934 AV amp and the manual says you can only use bare wire speaker connections. The terminals look like standard 4mm connections but it looks like they have had plastic plugs inserted to stop the use of 4mm banana plugs. My question is can I safely remove the plastic plugs and use 4mm banana plugs? Many thanks

I have a Pioneer VSX-934 AV amp and the manual says you can only use bare wire speaker connections. The terminals look like standard 4mm connections but it looks like they have had plastic plugs inserted to stop the use of 4mm banana plugs. My question is can I safely remove the plastic plugs and use 4mm banana plugs? Many thanks
Looking at photos of it I would say yes.
One way to find out I guess....

Reactions: DougK1 and Gray

The End

Apr 24, 2021
Visit site
Yes, just take a screw and draw them out. This is a European standard that will stop children putting stuff into open connections.

Reactions: unfocused

unfocused

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the help, I took a while to decide on cables (went with QED XT 40i with Airloc plugs) and what really took time was finding a new stand that took a full sized centre speaker as well as amp/blu-ray player. Anyway plastic plugs came out easy peasy and after taking everything to bits, cleaning everything and putting it all back together I'm ready to go

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts