Pioneer VSX 920 Calibration problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Just got my new Pioneer amp and just getting to terms with all the setting.
Did a auto calibration and results came back with my front left and centre speaker out of phase.
Did a double check and the cabling was correct. Reversed the centre speaker phase and did a retest and this time only the front left was out of phase.

In the book gave me two options re-do the cabling or move on, so i reversed the front left cables (bi wired) and this time the the retest came up all ok.

Whats anybody thoughts, this calibration is new to me.

Worried i may be running out of phase

A

Anonymous

Until recently I had a 920 myself and it often told me that my speakers are out of phase, even when I had checked the wiring, sometimes you just have to ignore it if you are 100% sure it's wired correctly.

You could always try getting a DVD with a THX optimiser on it sometimes they have a sound set up option, then play the sequence that emits sound from each of the speakers first in phase then out of phase, you should be able to tell from this as you should not be able to localise the sound when it sends an out of phase signal to the speaker.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, will re do my cables. i'm sure i have a thx dvd so will give that a go. Why the until recently on the 920, did you not like it ?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The position of the speakers in the room can fool the mic into thinking a speaker or two is out of phase. For example, if the front left is away from the side wall, and the front right near to a wall, it can have this effect. Make sure the front left and right are the same disance from the lic, and the centre ideally the same too, and this will cut down on these funny effects. Obviously rear speakers will be different, but just check distances and angles to get everything as symmetrical as posible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts