Pioneer TVs are back!

• Thread starter Deleted member 197450
  • Start date
but is that only for the China market? And Voxx have a licensing deal for everywhere else?
It isn't very clear. Blurb from Voxx suggests TVs are not included:

"Further, licensed products from Pioneer will include audio/video receivers and sound bars for home use and home-theater systems"

It's irrelevant who owns the rights, the fact is that Pioneer has no role in manufacturing these TVs. After Kuro was shut down and Pioneer ceased production of TVs, the TV engineers went on to be employed by other companies, most of them joining Panasonic.

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
You are using a very emotive term in relation to nationality there, which I am not sure is entirely in the spirit of forum rules.
Pioneer name is British and made in the UK this is the trouble too much made in China normally qulaity is suspect too . ie they do not last. I have two PLASMA from Panasonic 46/50 2011 and 12. Sold the Pioneer 43 still working 2006 model . TCL may make good ? TVs but they will not last more than 4 years . The spirit is that , we do not make TVs anymore and most are made in the far east now In the USA i gather it is Mexico

Pioneer name is British and made in the UK this is the trouble too much made in China normally qulaity is suspect too . ie they do not last. I have two PLASMA from Panasonic 46/50 2011 and 12. Sold the Pioneer 43 still working 2006 model . TCL may make good ? TVs but they will not last more than 4 years . The spirit is that , we do not make TVs anymore and most are made in the far east now In the USA i gather it is Mexico

1) Pioneer Corporation is a Japanese company with headquarters in Tokyo. I'm not sure which Pioneer are you referring to.

2) Quality of a product has nothing to do with country of manufacture. The same China makes iPhones, MacBooks and other Apple devices which are amongst the best built products. My B&O H95 headphones worth £700 is made in China and is one of the best built headphones in the market (metal and leather). China will make anything to spec. They'll make anything exactly in the specifications you order.

3) The reason for falling quality standards is because of consumerism and demand for cheaper and cheaper products. Pioneer stopped making TVs for that reason. How much did you pay for your 43-inch Pioneer in 2006? What size TV can you buy today for the same price? How is that even possible when price of everything else has gone up since 2006?

A lot of what you say is either incorrect or unsubstantiated. Enough now, please.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts