Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i think you''re right although it will be interesting to see if they share knowledge to enhance their own av / hifi products or if they will jointly manufacture the same av reciever for example but you can buy it with a pioneer badge or onkyo badge (a bit like what toyota and subaru done with their roadster thing they build, exactly the same car with different badges). I'm not saying this in a negative way, I think they both build superb equipment and combination of knowledge could only be a good thing. I wasnt aware of the Denon / Marantz partnership.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Whereas in fact it seems it's opening talks to sell its home entertainment business to Baring Private Equity Asia, forming an entitity in which Baring will have the controlling interest, and Onkyo and Pioneer yet-to-be-disclosed (if it actually happens) minority shares.

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
The involvement of a private equity group is a potential worry, not trying to tar them all with the same brush but they often focus on short term cost cutting rather than quality and long term investment. If you like pioneer and want Dolby Atmos then the upcoming 88 might be worth grabbing and holding on to.

michael hoy

ellisdj said:
Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Nooooooo
smiley-wink.gif

Sliced Bread

michael hoy said:
ellisdj said:

Nooooooo
smiley-wink.gif

+ 1million

MCACC is the first EQ system I've used that I've actually rated., Auddessey just seems to suck the life out of a system IMO.

It could potentially go the other way though as Onkyo must pay a fee to Audessey, but with Pioneer on board they'll have access to MCACC instead :rockout:

While we're on the subject, it's good to see that the LX88 will have Sub EQ. :cheers:

michael hoy

Sliced Bread said:
michael hoy said:
ellisdj said:

Nooooooo
smiley-wink.gif

+ 1million

MCACC is the first EQ system I've used that I've actually rated., Auddessey just seems to suck the life out of a system IMO.

It could potentially go the other way though as Onkyo must pay a fee to Audessey, but with Pioneer on board they'll have access to MCACC instead :rockout:

While we're on the subject, it's good to see that the LX88 will have Sub EQ. :cheers:

I'm glad as well, just aout to purchase an antimode but will wait now.

Sliced Bread

michael hoy said:
Sliced Bread said:
michael hoy said:
ellisdj said:

Nooooooo
smiley-wink.gif

+ 1million

I'm glad as well, just aout to purchase an antimode but will wait now.

Snap! I was thinking the same thing :)

The AnitMode will probably still have more EQ bands an so will be more accurate, however MCACC is in the digital domain rather than the A-D-A conversion taking place on the Antimode.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts