pioneer sc lx83 replacement MCACC microphone?

UKMach

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
So my cats have decided to chew through my MCACC microphone cable for my Pioneer sc-lx83. The AV reciever is dated 2011 and Im having trouble getting hold of a replacement for it due to the age now.

The part number is APM7009 and I have literally gone through every link google has given me. The only one I could see in stock is a danish Pioneer website but cant order it as I live in UK.

Can anyone advise me if they know of any mics that can replace it? I know the MCCAC is set up specific to that microphone and will not yeld the best results if using a different one but Im out of options other than re soldering new wire onto it and hoping it works

Regards Darren

UKMach

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Ebay or Amazon?

Its also possible that an Onkyo microphone would work, given the two brands come from the same stable these days.

Ive been scanning amzaon and ebay like a hawk. The Onkyo option is interesting, do you know how far back they have been simialar? My reciever is 2010/2011 age.

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
UKMach said:
Benedict_Arnold said:
Ebay or Amazon?

Its also possible that an Onkyo microphone would work, given the two brands come from the same stable these days.

Ive been scanning amzaon and ebay like a hawk. The Onkyo option is interesting, do you know how far back they have been simialar? My reciever is 2010/2011 age.

It was only recently that Onkyo and Pioneer came together.

Other option is to try some dealers, you never know what they have in a cupboard.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if there's anything magical anout any of the setup microphones included in any AVR carton. I might be wrong but you could always try borrowing one with the same plug type from another brand.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
download a sound meter app to your phone and set it up the old way, I only advise this because when I setup up my receiver, placed the mic in the right place at the right height etc and then left the room, when I came back the levels were all different and the distances between the speakers and the listening position were crazy with the receiver saying one speaker was a distance of 32ft (my room is only 14x12). I re-checked the setup and did the auto thing again but with near enough the same results so I eventually gave up, found the manual option in the menu and although it took longer at least the levels and distances I have now are correct.

*music2*

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
download a sound meter app to your phone and set it up the old way, I only advise this because when I setup up my receiver, placed the mic in the right place at the right height etc and then left the room, when I came back the levels were all different and the distances between the speakers and the listening position were crazy with the receiver saying one speaker was a distance of 32ft (my room is only 14x12). I re-checked the setup and did the auto thing again but with near enough the same results so I eventually gave up, found the manual option in the menu and although it took longer at least the levels and distances I have now are correct.

*music2*

Which amp was it.

buzz_lightclick

Contact Pioneer direct. They will put you in touch with a company that can source the parts.

I was close to buying a 2nd hand Susano that came without a mic, and they could have got a new mic imported from Japan. Expensive though, over £100 if I remember correctly (this was a couple of years ago).

I also asked if I could use my LX83 mic with the Susano instead and they said no it wouldn't work well as they were different models and the MCACC results would not be accurate. The LX83 is a couple of years newer than the Susano which has more in common with the LX81.

I've since sold my LX83 so can't help with lending you the mic I'm afraid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts