Pioneer SC-lx58 question

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All

Been talking about getting a 9.2 receiver for a while now and went for an lx58 as was offered a bit of a deal, set it up last night and what a monster.

I have all 9 speakers plus sub connected but the on screen display only tells me if 7 speakers are running not 9, im i doing something wrong or is this the norm.

I need to download the atmos update to it but should it work with another setting anyway.

Any advise plaese.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I've only got a 7-channel AVR, but am familiar with the Pioneer software. Have you gone through the set-up procedure to tell the amp what speakers you have connected and how you want to use them?

Home Menu > System Set-Up > Manual SP Set-Up > Speaker System & Speaker Setting.

If you've already done this then we need to go back to the drawing board, but it's a start. As there are so many different speaker configurations possible with 7 or 9 channels (bi-amping, zone 2 or 3, front height, Atmos etc), you need to select the configuration you want first. Then in speaker settings, set each one to small or large depending on what speakers you have and your preference. (Many people prefer the performance using the 'small' setting even when not using satellite speakers. It just ensures that ALL the bass below the crossover point you've selected is handled by the subwoofer not your main speakers. It then seems to free up the main speakers to concentrate on what they do best, the midrange and treble).

Once you've gone through this procedure, you can then run the MCACC room calibration. You may find that afterwards you need to re-set your speakers back to 'small' as the MCACC process often tends to change this automatically.

If you've already gone through all the above, then pop back. Others who have 9-channel / Atmos systems may need to be called upon for further assistance, but hopefully this should help narrow down what's causing your problems.

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
yes i have set up my speaker config 7.1 with front hights.

as i had it with my yamaha i could only choose between rears and f/hights not have both at the same time due to it being 7.1 but it would identify the speakers being used but with the pioneer display it will only give me the standard 7 speaker layout is a reference.

sounds amazing though

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, so when you set the speaker configuration, there wasn't a 9.1 option? If so, it sounds like you might need the firmware update first.

Beyond that, I'll have to hand over to any 9.1 oficianados that might be on the forum.

Glad you like the sound though. Pioneer AVR's are spectacular with the right speakers. I saw "The Interpreter" the other night, a likeable film but it has an exceedingly well-mastered soundtrack. There was one scene with traffic going left and right across the screen, and the soundstage had the traffic in front and behind me - it genuinely felt like I was standing in the middle of a busy road! Although we've had such tech for a while now, it still amazes me and puts a smile on my face.

Anyway, hope you get there in the end. Persevere - Pioneer AVR's can be a bit tricky to set up, but they do reward the effort made.

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
ok a bit more set up with this receiver now and from what i understand the only way i can get sound from all the speakers (9.1) is to select dtx neo x but can someone let me know if i do that when say watching blu ray disk with dts hd 7.1 soundtrack is this downgrading the sound quality.

Jared Rapsey

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
done the atmos update this weekend and watched tmnt (better than i thought) and the sound track on this amp was fantastic, can dolby thd be upscaled to atmos kind of like how 5.1 movies get upscaled to 7.1 with ES.

and with my other question is listening to dts neo X doing lossless audio tracks an injustice or not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts