Pioneer SACD players.....need analogue amps.

Mitty

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi there i am new here. I did put a word in yesterday. As I am building a new system I have come across a few problems. I want to hear my SACD s for the first time, I have a number as hybrids and true SACD discs. I purchased a Pioneer pd-k30. It clearly said that I could connect the output via coaxial and toslink as well as analogue. When I started planning my system, I decided to go for a good quality DAC and power amplifier rather than use a preamp. All was well until I tried my Pioneer player connected to my Audiolab M-dac, and then as soon as I tried to play any SACD disc the music stopped. It took me sometime to realise that I could not use a DAC for the Pioneer in digital mode as the sampling rate was too high for the DAC and so the Pioneer defaults to analogue as soon as you turn on the high definition mode. I suppose I should have known better but it just passed me by. Pioneer should really say clearly that the digital outputs are switched off in SACD mode. It is not in the manual or in any adverts as far as I know. So I am awaiting a hybrid dac as a replacement, Has anyone else been caught like this and made such a stupid mistake ? Mind you it has allowed me to study Audiolab as a make and I am very impressed.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
to read the manual a bit better as on page 5 of the pdf download under the heading "Connecting up" ( chapter 2 ), it clearly states that "this units digital out terminals do not output sound from sacd and dsd discs" so therefore you need to use the "analog audio output connections" to listen to sacd discs.

This means that your "hybrid dac" that you are waiting for is unnecessary as you will get the same outcome (i.e no sound).

Hope this helps.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts