Pioneer PDP434PE owner in need of a new multimedia box!!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
My brother-in-law has the above plasma and his box is the PDP-R04E. A couple of questions; does anyone know where he could get a replacement box (his is faulty) and are any of the newer boxes compatible to this screen? Many thanks to anyone who can help..

A

Anonymous

hi i have one to sell media box which you need if you are still interesyed please e mail me for further details

A

Anonymous

Did you have any joy? If so can you let me know where I could get one?

I am led to believe that the newer boxes are incompatible with the PDP434. Mine has an irritating fault that only happens when you are watching a DVD (usually about an hour and a half into it). The screen and audio jump and stutter. Pioneer claim never to have heard of this type of fault, however the service/repair company that looked at it have said it's not unheard of. Pioneer want £300 just to look at it without any form of guarantee they can fix it. The service company have told me that if they take the top off the R04E it will lock and you won't be able to unlock it without a special code which Pioneer won't supply. Neither can an engineers service manual be supplied by Pioneer. My set has been written off as beyond economic repair as the R04E is no longer available. I now need to replace the TV with another. Rave reviews of the Pioneer PDP-4280XD are now clouded by my experience with the PDP434. I'm tempted to buy a SONY. Anybody else had an experience like this from Pioneer?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts