Pioneer/Panasonic/37/42

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys...

I must tell you...chossing a new tv, is far too more complicated than i expected. Fist was the issue LCD or Plasma.... then 37 or 42........ (my viewing distance is 2.8 mts) so i was decided to buy the Panasonic 37 PX70.....

So i go to the store and i see the Pioneer PDP 427XD, at an incredible price of 2000 € !!!!!!!!!! Here in Portugal this plasma uses to cost 3000 €....... but the 8 th generation of Pioneer plasma is here, and they told me that they have a few "old" pioneer in stock, so they decided to cut off the price..........

And now i´m confused again...... for one side i know that a 42 to my viewing distance is a lot, on the other side i just love this plasma...... the finishings, the image,......is a awesome set......... and the price is a must.... the new Kuro from Pioneer here costs 3200 € !!!!!!!!! (2.214 GBP)

What should i do? Do i go for the 42 Pioneer, or instead i keep my oringinal idea of the Panasonic?????

A

Anonymous

Got one of the 427s. Buy one. It's not too large for your viewing distance and is a LOVELY screen. Soooo smooth. You'll love it. It's like owning a Rolls Royce. You'll get so used to the luxury of it, you'll wonder how other people make do with lesser makes.

A

Anonymous

Now look Harris.....What do you mean lesser makes? Don'r care what any one says -sure the Pioneer is a great TV, but at £700 for the Samsung PS42Q97HDX and £1000 for the 50 inc version which you, old boy, have got these are quite simply great TV's for the money and then some.But then again I shouldn't have to tell you that. I think the whole world has gone Pioneer mad and tehn many forget all the additinal expense of pairing with a good DVD or Blu ray player and then there's the cabling and interconnects.

If Pioneer had thrown all that in too.....I would have got one by now but can't quite see the Pioneer's as being value for money but then I guess Pioneer are now concentrating on selling to all the 'toffs' out there and either you pay or you don't get is their motto.By contrast ( no pun intended) Panasonic to a degree at least, and Samsung most definitely are concentrating their efforts on producing excellent affordable TV's

A

Anonymous

Canït compare brands like Samsung, Panasonic or Pioneer.

All three have diferent positions in the market. Itïs a matter of price, and waht we are willing to pay.

I haveït the sligtest dought for me that the Pioneer is astonishing. Always have been for me, and i have a friend who has one, and everytime i go to his place i admire it.

Samsung is more mass market..... the have "1000" models for LCD or Plasma.... and they try to reach the maximum of clients.

Panasonic is one step ahead. Excelent models, with an excelent relation between price/quality.

Pioneer is HighEnd of Plasmas. Excelent models, too expensive, but great value.

The question is,

Is it worth to spend so much money in a Plasma???

Does the extra money that we pay for the Pioneer worth it?

itïs a matter of price.... but that the Pioneer is better than Panasonic or Samsung..... For me it is

A

Anonymous

I have the Sammy because it was the best combo of screen and value. Very happy with it. But I bought the Pioneer at Christmas time, a 4270 for me and 427 for my sister. They have a different class of feel. It's just much more solid. Sure the Sammy is better value and the screen is wonderful, but the Pioneer, if you can afford it is like a Rolls, versus an Audi. The Audi is great but the Rolls has soul.

Now, in Ditador's home market we have to ask what's available and at what price? The 427 has 2 HDMI inputs and I'd say it's as good as you need in a 42inch. At 50 I'd get the 508 If I had the money. But not the 428. Too much for a 42inch.

I sympathise with Tallyho. Don't mean to do down the screen I own now, but the moire effect (waves in the reflection) really irritates me. I let it go because all fired up and running, the screen is wonderful and I don't notice the distortion, but if I had the money, I'd buy a Pioneer. Sadly I don't. :-(

A

Anonymous

I'm more than happy with my AUDI....At least it will fit in my driveway!

A

Anonymous

i am happy too with my Audi....but i was more happier with a Rolls Royce, or Aston Martin.... definetely....

Itïs a matter of price, and who can afford.......

We just can compare one thing to another.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts