pioneer lx71 or denon 2500bt?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
padutarb:
hi, tried this before and again just now but still no joy. the only audio working is 'standard' audio channels dolby digital/dts but dts master audio and dolby true hd just won't work..

the pioneer is set to 'auto'... it's maybe also worth mentioning that the pioneer display reads 'dvd-audio/pcm'. i know the display has read 'dolby true hd' and 'dts mstr audio' before with the panasonic blu-ray player which was set to send just the primary audio...
It should just be straight forward as its just a case of setting it to "HD AUDIO OUT" on the denon & your amp should just decode the HD audio? I cant think of anything else that could be causing the problem? You shouldnt have to make any adjustments on your amp as i didnt with mine, so im at a loss aswell.

Out of curiosity what HDMI lead are you using? not that this should matter as most do decode the audio?

A

Anonymous

bltn:The 3800 is indeed a lot more expensive but we are setting up a good home cinema system (I hope). With our budget in mind and buying all the necessary speaker- and hdmi cables (Chord) in the UK and buying our Onkyo 606 with Cantonspeakers in Germany we saved a lot of money. So much that we could buy a 3800 for the difference in pricesetting. Of course we ordered the 3800 where we had the demonstration.

Very interesting to hear about your comparison. Will look forward to reading the review of the 3800. My WHFSV issue hasn't arrived this month, which either means it got lost in the post or my subscription ran out! LOL. But should make for an interesting read!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:Out of curiosity what HDMI lead are you using? not that this should matter as most do decode the audio?
Very good point though Jase and one I forgot. If the HDMI lead is not 1.3 spec, this could be the issue.

A

Anonymous

Am using chord company silver plus 1.3. I can't see why it's not working as it worked when i had my older panasonic player on primary audio setting. Very confusing...

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
padutarb:Am using chord company silver plus 1.3. I can't see why it's not working as it worked when i had my older panasonic player on primary audio setting. Very confusing...It cant be your HDMI lead then espec if its 1.3, its obviously some sort of incompatiable handshaking going on somewhere as like ive said it should be straight forward. Well id do what the Prof suggested & take it to your dealer & see what they have to say? As im all out of suggestions & coffee !! Damn !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts