Pioneer LX52 or 53?

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I posted a seperate thread about how I'd had judder problems with partnering my panasonic PX80B plasma with Panasonic BDP 65. I borrowed the LX52 and after a nights viewing am thinking of going for this at £250 as judder is negligable and picture quality more natural. I notice however the newer LX53 model is going for £200. Sound wise I will be connecting the analogue outs to 2 channel hi-fi so not using much of the technology available on either players in terms of complexity. My hi-fi dealer seems to think the LX52 is still better than the LX53. Is this true given the set up I will be using the player in? Would the LX53 sound as good through the analogue outs as the 52? Is there any difference in picture quality? I don't intend to go for a full home cinema set up in the furure. Quite happy with 2 channel hi-fi. Many thanks for your replies....

A

Anonymous

I never noticed that, I wanted a 52 as I have a sc-lx72 amp, but dont want to spend 250.00, but how is the new one 50.00 less?

I would like to know as well, I have a bdp-370 right now, so not sure if worth the outlay

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
The 52 started at a higher price than the 53. Just noticed the 53 online at superfi for £200 and the 52 at 7oaks for £250. Not sure about the relative merits quality wise of one over another.

A

Anonymous

Anyone ?

Surley someone must know why the huge price difference on the rrp

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Have asked around and answered my own question - better quality components, especially audio and chasis is more rigid on the LX52 compared to LX53. In fact I was told that the if you don't want 3d then the LX52 is even better than the current LX54. LX52 it is then.

A

Anonymous

Your judder could be down to your settings.

Ie. if you've set the picture quality on the bluray player to output everything at 1080p instead of Auto it might be trying to upscale from 1080p which will cause judder. Something I came across after a conversation with Pioneer.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
LX52 does not judder and I've just ordered mine. It was the Panasonic BD65 that juddered and all the settings were fine. I've noticed the Pioneer 320 is available at £80 from Richer sounds which is a better bet than most budget players if you're just interested in how well it plays blu rays.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts