Pioneer LX5090 flashing blue light of doom!

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
My Pioneer Kuro seems to have developed a fault, looked through the manual and it seems an Internal protective circuit has been activated, all I did was turn it on to stanby and then turn it back on again, now I have the Blue Stanby LED blink 8 times, pauses then blinks another 8 times, no picture nothing. Tried unplugging etc but still nothing. Sent an email to Pioneer yesterday and they replied today, they asked me to call them with my Warranty registration number and they'll arrange a service engineer to come out.

Has anyone had or know of anyone that has had this problem?

I'm hoping it can be sorted and it won't become an ongoing problem.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou. I've had the TV since 2009, its been fanatastic up untill now, I spoke to the engineer today he's coming to me at 11am Tomorrow. I must add that Pioneer have been quick to respond. Fingers crossed this will be a permanent repair :pray: I'll update more later.

keiser1

Dec 8, 2008
Visit site
My Kuro came back from its repair today, all working as it should. The service engineer was great, had fantastic knowledge of the Kuro, he showed me all the service screens, how long its been on for, how many times its been powerd on/off, screen temp, fault codes etc. Good news is after a long screen test (few days) there are no more faults reported.

All in all its gone well, good communication from Pioneer and the sevice centre, I'm very pleased. I'm also glad I can again watch films etc on a screen bigger then 26 inches! :grin:

moss99

Dec 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi I have the exact same fault engineer coming on friday , did the take yours away ? im sure they said they are going to change a board when they come out .

What was the cause on yours ?

mark..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts