Pioneer LX-82 good match for B&W speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys/girls

I have been reading the forum frantically hoping to find an answer to my question, but to no avail.

I have an audition arranged for Wednesday with the Pioneer LX-82 with my speakers, sub and Blu Ray player.

My setup is B&W 684 front L&R, HTM62 centre, 686 surrounds L&R, PV1 sub and Pioneer LX-52 Blu Ray player. I am currently running a Yamaha RX-V1900 amp.

My question is, will the Pioneer LX-82 be a good match for my speakers as I've read that my speakers offer a warm, smooth sound, which is currently matched by my Yamaha amp and the Pioneer LX-82 offers a more vibrant, brighter sound.

Will this offer a more exciting, up-front presentation with my speakers or will it turn them into copy cats of the brighter sound the Monitor Audio speakers offer as I'm not keen on this.

Any feedback would be great!

A

Anonymous

Anyone have any feedback at all?

I realise you have to demo these things when spending such money, but it would be nice to get some feedback on speaker/amp matching.

Any feedback would be great!

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Pioneer SC amplifiers have a more forward sound than the Yamaha but they are not bright. You should find the sound tight and punchy with the B&Ws and a good step up in performance from the 1900. If is slightly bright then the Pioneer X-curve will help you trim the top end ever so slightly.

I have just changed my RXV3900 for an LX82 and the sound is a great deal more taut without being overly focused. A worthwhile upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts