PIONEER class D amp (A50 & A70) users?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

paulhh1967

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
The N50 has a better DAC than the N30. If you're using the analogue outputs from the streamer, the N50 will be a better choice.

That isn't correct David. The N50 and N30 use both the same AK4480 192kHz DAC (also used in their high-end blu-ray players).

The N50 has a second transformer, better bottom plate, digital inputs and an asynchronous USB DAC for PC playback. But if that all matters in sound quality for netradio and the £125 worth?

Riksta73

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I bought the A50, a couple of weeks ago for £349, currently I have it connected to Roksan candy TR-5 and I am delighted with it, clear detailed musical sound, I have not heard the A70 so cannot compare but my other amp is a 2 year old marantz pearl lite and the A50 is better in every way except the marantz is slightly warmer, but the differnce in mid range detail is huge. Therefore the Marantz is going and will be replaced by another A50 or A70. Currently at £349 the A50 has to be 5 golden stars!?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I've had the Pioneer A-30 for almost two years now......I have thought of upgrading and buying a A-50 amp but the A-30 is sounding so good already I decided to keep it ;)

dalus4

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Stavvy. A warm sounding stereo amp that I can use with my SVS sb2000 is what I am still searching for. Any help? I want to pair it with the focal chorus 806v. £500 is Maximum I am ready to spend. Thanks

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
stavvy said:
No the A50 only has connections for a pair of stereo speakers (or a main pair and a zone 2 pair)

Most subs have high (speaker) level inputs, no reason you can not connect in this fashion.

Unless your sub is line level only, not common but not exactly rare either.

FLima

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have experienced the a-70? How des it sound? And what was the components it was paired? Does anyone had the oportunity to compare this amp to some cambridge amp, for instance azur 651a?

Pioneer doesnt seems to be a brand much appreciated in stereo HiFi, or at least it not very reviewed. Is there a obvious reason for that?

dim_span

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
Ding ding! Round one. :)

Hi plastic penguin

What by me saying that a long discontinued product (nearly twenty years) can still outperform the same companies modern offerings. Sorry was that me thinking out loud.

:shhh:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick .... just out of interest, have you compared the A400 to the A30 ....

I'm a huge fan of the A400 (especially when paired with the old Mission 751 bookshelves (the non freedom model)

Not much in the 2 as regards price .... a good used A400 fetches approx £130 on ebay, and a breand new A30 sells for approx £180

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts