Pioneer & Cambridge Audio replacement cycles

AVChappy

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had a view or had heard anything about the replacement cycles for Poneer N50 and Cambridge Audio Magic Stream 6? Are these players updated (i.e. hardware not just firmware) on a yearly / two yearly cycle does anyone know?

In the market for such a player and not wanting to rush a decision if any changes likely (although I appreciate it may be a bit crystal ball like!) :?

Cheers

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Av happy,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I believe you're in the position to buy, but don't want to do so, in fear that 1 month down the line, the companies would bring out an updated model.

I did the same thing when I bought the Sonos, did loads of research trying to find if a newer model was around the corner, but decided to take the plunge.

I didn't regret it, I'm happy with the way music sounds. If a new version would come out I'd simply transfer the older version to another room.

Just my thoughts if I've read your post correctly.

AVChappy

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi skippy

Thanks for the reply. You are quite right - I'm stuck in the should I / shouldn't I loop because a new model may come out. Very keen on getting a new system as have discovered the joy of https://www.aupeo.com/ along the same lines as Last.fm.

I think the combination of interent radio and streaming from my Synology NAS for my existing music collection will be brilliant. I have really rediscovered music through the internet.

I think I need to make a decison and trust the reviews / other peoples great views on this site and elsewhere. Was originally leaning more towards Cambridge Audio machine but hey, maybe my ears wouldn't notice the difference with the Pioneer N50 but my bank balance would be a bit better :)

WX

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Here's a good read about this.... Cambridge Audios crystal-ball.

http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/2013/04/cambridge-audios-crystal-ball/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts