pioneer blu ray player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
bet you are all totally fed up with blu ray questions but here goes..... My system is a sony 40w2000 lcd, denon 1930 dvd, old sony str 795 receiver,ma bronze br5, brlcr centre,br2, brfx and brw10. I am now in the market for a hd player and want the best 1 i can get and need 2 know if its worth spending this kind of money (up to£1000). At present i use my denon as a cd player as well so are any blu ray players as good or better with music?I intend 2 upgrade my receiver asap but am waiting for more manufacturers 2 bring out suitable competition to the onkyo.

A

Anonymous

Having taken the blu-ray plunge, I am using the Pioneer Elite BDP-95.....which I believe in the UK is sold as the Pionner BDP-LX70A. I must say despite the heavy cost, the pictures are amazing and I have compared with multiple Toshiba HDDVD players. Of late, several cheaper Bluray players have emerged e.g. Sony, Samsung, Sharp, LG, etc. The problem is that any bluray demo will astound you with the details, but somehow the extra-sharp imaging of some movies become tiresome after lengthy watching...this is where I feel the expensive Pioneer has the edge as picture are sharp and more naturally watchable hours on end.

My grouse with the Pioneer is that for the price, loading time is too long, and it's Region blocked, not universal. Also, so far, I cannot turn off the HDMI audio output on the Pioneer, so if I connect the player to the receiver via digital coaxial, there is still some faint sound coming from the TV's speakers although it does not affect the enjoyment. Playing DVDs , CDs via the Pioneer is OK........

A

Anonymous

Why not get yourself a PS3? Decent blu ray playback and possibly the only blu ray player that will be able to handle 2.0 standard (once it's released) at the moment as it can be easily updated (as it was with 1.1 standard). Plus you can play games on it as well.

A

Anonymous

Just to show my ignorance, what the dickens is the difference between 1.1 and 2.0 standard and is it something that really is that important. I understand that everything gets upgraded in a matter of weeks at present (my tv and dvd were both 5* reviewed when i bought them and are now superceded but are still v good in my opinion). There surely must be a point when we take the plunge and buy without thinking too long on what's coming out to replace it in the future or no~one would ever buy anything.

A

Anonymous

From my understanding of it all, just increased interactive features really. Unless there is a ethernet port present on the blu-ray player you get (ala PS3), then the discs that are of a later profile than that of the blu ray player you buy *should* run, but you won't be able to access the add ons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts